Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new chapter is known as the Clockwork Ravens there a sub chapter of the Raven Guard who makes heavy use of Bionics to represent the fact that recruitment potential is very low ( ill be writing fluff soon so ill explain that later) thats why Im including bionics on my Vet Srg for fluffy reasons. My chapter is also supposed to be masters of trench war fare.

Master
m/c power weapon
Combi flamer
Iron Halo
Artificer Armor
Frag
Bionics
Auspex

Master of Sanctity
Powerfist
Bionics
Auspex
Frag

Veteran squad
8 man
Vet Srg
-Thunder Hammer
Combat Sheild
Auspex
Power weapon
Plasma Cannon
Frag
: Infiltrate

Tactical I
5 man
Plasma Gun
Frag
Vet Srg
-Power Sword
auspex

Tactical II
5 man
Plasma Gun
Frag
Vet Srg
-Lightning Claw
Auspex

Devastators I
7 man
4x HB

Devastators II
6 man
3x Plasma Cannon

Thats what i got so far two Venerable Dreadnaughts will be coming soon I also got a librarian made up Ant CC im thinking 2 Assault squads

-See but dont be seen
-Heed the wisdom of the ancients

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nothing? well OK......

I found this list quite difficult to read, perhaps I'm just used to my own way of setting stuff out.
The one thing that jumped out at me is this squad:

Veteran squad
8 man
Vet Srg
-Thunder Hammer
Combat Sheild
Auspex
Power weapon
Plasma Cannon
Frag
: Infiltrate

Why have a plasma cannon in what seems to be an infiltrating close combat squad?
If you are looking for the chance to damage vehicles, then the lascannon is better at it, and also cheaper in a veteran squad. If it is indeed a close combat squad as it looks like to me, then why not get the lightning claws for just a little more?
If it's for fluff reasons, then 8Y

P.S. Sorry for the long reply time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No its cool I didnt mean to be pushy or anyting.

as for the plasma cannon I dont know My squads in general will work in three fashions devis will stand back and hold the defensive, popping off long shots. eventually two dreads as well as two BP ccw tactical squads in rhinos will be rolling up an avenue to make a primary assault on enemy lines. While simutaneously the two tac squads and veteran squads along with maybe another dev squad infiltrate on one flank. fire spread it and advaance to the enemy lines I figured a plasma cannon as a little extra troop killing shooty as well as a charge on 2nd or third turn with two powered weapons would help. Plus when I paint these guys up the glowing of the plasma weapons will really look nice alongside the primarily black color scheme.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
I found this hard to read to. But the thing that I saw was that you put 1 lightning claw on one of your squad leaders, which is pretty pointless to just have one. You would be better off with a power weapon or if you wanted get dual-lightning claws instead of one. For 5 more points to have 2 is much more worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts