Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hella fellow Chaos Lords! I have been getting back into warhammer and find myself no matter what army im fighting to be getting myself into close combat. Whether its my defiler, my marines or my bikes, theres nothing else like running head on into a fight, and usually winning :soldier:. My request right now is for someone to help me expand my army to be suited better for close combat.

what I have now is

Chaos lord with 6 chosen for retinue and a rhino for transport

2 squads of 10 CSM with bolters, aspiring champion, and a plasma gun

a squad of 12 Khorne berserkers

4 chaos bikes

4 havocs led by an aspiring champion

and a defiler for heavy support

I was thinking about getting rid of the havocs, the lord and chosen retinue, and the regular marines and go all out world eaters khorne army with more bikes, another defiler, and more berserkers

2x defilers

24+ khorne berserkers

khorne lord on juggernaught(?)

6-8 bikes

Is there any other good additions for khorne armies? What about possesed marines or just massed berserkers?

Any suggestions would help! thank you in advance

·
Registered
279 Posts
Argument against possessed:

You trade +1 str (possessed) for +1ws(berzerkers). Possessed do not get an additional attack from 2 ccw's so they're down an attack regardless. They cost 2 more points a model and cannot take any real upgrades besides an icon compared to all of the upgrades a zerker aspiring champ or regular marine can take. Frag and krak grenades are also on the zerkers side. The possessed also don't have furious charge so when charging the possessed's strength bonus advantage goes away and the zerkers come out ahead again with initiative.

Only benefits the possessed have over the zerkers are their invul save and higher strength and even that strength bonus is negated when the zerkers charge.

Now none of that takes into account the daemonkin roll. The reason I did that is because I think relying on a random roll to make your units good (ala fabius bile) is a dangerous thing to do and I think looking at the core units side by side is more important. Yes, if you get power weapons with a roll of 6 they could be devastating units...or they could land furious charge and have the same powers as zerkers. However, they are still down an attack, still have worse WS, and still not have frag/krak grenades, and still not get plasma pistols or a power fist.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Argument against possessed:

You trade +1 str (possessed) for +1ws(berzerkers). Possessed do not get an additional attack from 2 ccw's so they're down an attack regardless. They cost 2 more points a model and cannot take any real upgrades besides an icon compared to all of the upgrades a zerker aspiring champ or regular marine can take. Frag and krak grenades are also on the zerkers side. The possessed also don't have furious charge so when charging the possessed's strength bonus advantage goes away and the zerkers come out ahead again with initiative.

Only benefits the possessed have over the zerkers are their invul save and higher strength and even that strength bonus is negated when the zerkers charge.

Now none of that takes into account the daemonkin roll. The reason I did that is because I think relying on a random roll to make your units good (ala fabius bile) is a dangerous thing to do and I think looking at the core units side by side is more important. Yes, if you get power weapons with a roll of 6 they could be devastating units...or they could land furious charge and have the same powers as zerkers. However, they are still down an attack, still have worse WS, and still not have frag/krak grenades, and still not get plasma pistols or a power fist.
Thanks for that info!! I was about to rip my old marines apart for possesed, now i know how much better zerkers are... Right about nowim leaning towards ALOT of zerkers because i never REALLY looked into the benefits I got from charging... proboly why I liked doing it so much. Looks like my next purchase will be zerkers and ill be selling my regular troops. Well looks like its time to spill some blood for the blood god!!!

If anyone could suggest to me a good 1500 point list including lots of zerkers and 2 defilers and some bikes that would be great... And what should I do in terms of a HQ? Hows kharn the betrayer? is he worth the points?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Berzerkers, possessed as said before are unpredictable and just lack the punch of zerkers

A khorne list I would use is

DP
-Mok
-Wings

8x zerkers
-champ w/fist
-rhino

8x zerkers
-champ w/fist
-rhino

8x zerkers
-champ w/fist
-rhino

Defiler
2 CC arms

Defiler
2 CC arms

Oblit

Bikes are kinda expensive and lots of zerkers can maul you opponent. Khorne armies tend to be 3-5 8 man zerkers squads, a DP or 2 with a pair of defilers. The lord on the Juggernaut is okay but a winged DP is more survivable and can jump over stuff and has the same attacks once you factor in the lords 2 CCW's.

hope it helps

math error, comes out to be 150 under

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.