Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small Chaos Army (mostly I do BFG and am more of a book/fluff guy) That I haven't really done much about for awhile, and I was curious, is having most of your basic marines/troops be Close Combat really viable for Undivided? I'd like to have lots of chainsword wielding fanatics charging in and all, with tanks and Havocs for support, but would this work, or would I be better served setting up my troops for range instead?

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
As far as I'm aware, that's a perfectly viable idea. With the new codex, our troops are now very good at CC, especially on a charge. Just offhand I'd suggest a Rhino transport to get them to the enemy lines, Meltaguns (so they can take out enemy armor, but also shoot and then assault), and then of course and Icon of Chaos Glory or Khorne, maybe even Slaneesh, though it's usefulness is somewhat situational.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I do have a Rhino (and a Pred and now a Vindicator)

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is a VERY viable option, the new CSMs are very good at close combat and they can even shoot too, vehicles are okay, but in my opinion I prefer to use lots of infantry with melee, heavy weapons, and medium ranged shooting. It's hard to kill sixty power armoured marines.

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Personally, I think it's great. A Rhino with Extra Armor carrying a squad with a Powerfist Champ and two Meltaguns is a solid unit. I'd give them the Icon of Chaos Glory. If you field a unit of Raptors, I like giving them Slaanesh. They rip up regular infantry that way, especially backed up with a Lord.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.