Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've decided that I need another squad of something close combat to help support my lines of heavy support. My two squads of Khornes just aren't cutting it anymore, and as soon as they get cut down, I have to pray that my heavy support can take the troops down before they get to 'em. Ya' know?

So, I'm thinkin' I'll either get some Bloodletters or Raptors. What do you think? Both look really good. I mean, Raptor's hit and run would be fun to use -- toy around with my opponents and stuff, heh. But, a nice squad of Bloodletters summoned at the right place would do mucho damage. Maybe I should do both?

What do you see as the pros and cons of each? Is there any other squad I'm overlooking. I have some Bikers too, and granted they're nice. But, I'm really likin' the Raptors and Bloodletters. What do ya' think?

Thanks. ^_^

·
Registered
969 Posts
Go for Raptors. I don't know why but i would go with Raptors just because they look bad @$$.

·
Registered
78 Posts
id have to agree with TzeentchPlayer, raptors would be the way to go. the bad thing about the blood letters is that they aren’t reliable, you dont know if they are going to be there when you need them or not, what with instability and summoning them. and raptors do look really really bad a$$.

·
Registered
464 Posts
problem solved:

get a squad of raptors, deep strike them in behind the enemy fire bases and have them summon daemons!

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Well, apart from the fact that you can't take Raptors in a pure Khornate force (note to all that you should always give good background about your army in these sorts of threads) I'd recommend Bloodletters.

I'd recommend Bloodletters anyway if it was a BL army as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Personally I would recomnd raptors if you most play against low save armys, or blood letters if you play against high save armys (like marines) both of them are pretty good, and both models look sweet imo.
Also, hamster, Im pretty sure you can't deep strike Raptors

·
Registered
464 Posts
it says demonic flight counts as a jetpack, which can deepstrike, I'm not sure though...

·
Registered
959 Posts
BLOODLETTERS!!!!!

Blood for the Blood God!!!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Definately bloodletters. They're cheaper, they've all got power weapons. Plus you get the element of surprise on your enemy. Between 2 squads of berzerkers that should leave plenty of them left to summon them in right as your about to assult. Not to mention they have a invulnerable save. As for their instablility test, they should be kikn in close combat anyway and you shouldn't need to take any tests..... Well I may be off on a rant here, but that's my .02

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hamster: They move under the jet pack rules listed in the rule book, which says nothing about deep striking. Only Tau and Imperial jet packs allow deepstriking to my knowlege, and those are unique traits for them

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
take em both they work well in combination

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally I would recomnd raptors if you most play against low save armys, or blood letters if you play against high save armys (like marines) both of them are pretty good
Id have to agree with The Slayer blood letters RIP apart unsuspecting space marines. Also remember the good thing about deamons if you have multiple banners you can summon from mutiple places and that can add a little bit of needed suport for defence or a quick assault :D (id sugest the assult :p )

·
Registered
353 Posts
Blood God: the only unit that can be made entirly of acs are chosen. While you could do that, just to make them raptors with power weapons would cost about 40 points a model at least... probbly 50.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It'd cost you exactly 47pts per model to make chosen with jump packs (daemonic flight) and power weapons............ So for an effective squad of 10 that'd be 470 points....... you'd have to be stupid..........

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had always though of making possessed w/ daemonic flight, like getting them Jump packs etc, i mean 32 points per model for a raptor w/ +1 st, but no hit and run....

·
Registered
196 Posts
nor would they have daemonic visage..... which I think is pretty cool..... nothing like making the enemy taking a ld test at -2............ plus if you outnumber him then he's really screwed...... unless he's fearless....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.