Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the picture on the cover of the codex, and noticed that the falcon had a scatter lazer on the closer mount, and it is facing right. Also, uppon closer inspection, the vypers also had their guns on the other side of the guardian gunner.

I know this is just me being nitpicky, but the lance is suposed to be on the right side, not the secondary weapon.

My only guess is that the dire warrior guy in the fore grown looked better to the designers with the sword on the right of the page.... or the painter made a mistake

Try holding your codex up to a mirror to see the picture in the correct way.

Sorry if this has been talked about before.

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to point it out. kinda interesting to me.. Not like its really off topic or anything, as it is about eldar.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Well, the artist probably took a few artistic freedoms in order to balance the composition of the picture better, or simply make it look cooler.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Yes and there are several more examples of such artistic stuff that is wrong according to the game/fluff.
The hugest example are IMO the picture of Horus and The Emperor at the final hours of the Siege of Terra, that one which is in the rulebook. According to the fluff, Horus had two Talons (ie. lightning claws) and in that pic he have a mace and one talon. Wrong? Yes. Better lookin' then another talon? Yes.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Or like the codex Saim Hann army with a falcon and a prism.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
He's a switch hitter...err....gunner :yes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
They probably just flipped the picture to make it more pretty or something. They do that in films sometimes - they show you a mirror image of the actual shot taken to make the scenes flow better.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
umm does this thread have a REAL point cus i don't think whether the pic on the front of the dex is correct or not is important, i mean really the guy could be mooning a farseer and it would still not effect the game.

hey maybe i should put that in the wish list i think a pic like that would be really cool for new eldar dex.

·
Registered
118 Posts
eldar are supposedly technologically advanced and so would tailor the vechicle to the driver?gunner. so the gun mounts on opposite sides is more fluffy than the games workshop vechicles (why would they make different sets just to change the gun possition, it is not efficient for what is formost a profit making organisation.)

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Pancakes said:
Maybe Horus got another lightning clay later?
You should be able to do really cool ceramics out of that, and Horus was a master craftsman as far as we know. :shifty:

(Sorry ^_^)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Arctorius Lensk said:
maybe the image got reversed... think about it..
Yah dude, I am sure someone designing the book just flipped the pic in PS beacuse it looks better if the enemy is attacking from left to right since we read left to write. It makes 100% sense, it would look a bit weird to me if it was flipped the other way.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
I like his Dire Avenger buddies in the background with their Nemesis Force Weapons. :D

I thought about it, and it does look better the way it is. If that Avenger was facing the right, I don't know... have the good guys ever attacked from the right? I can't remember that ever happening in any movie I've seen..

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I think they might have in braveheart.... not entirely sure though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts