·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure on most of this but seems realistic

Found here
gildia.pl :: Zobacz temat - Codex Daemonica rumors

HQ

Bloodthirster- very strong, best stats in the book, in assault phase he can Instant Kill a space marine character in close combat
- his Initiative is like a marine.
- Mortal Strike: Range 12 S7 AP 2 weapon (possibly a whip)
- when assaulting he gets S8
- has furious charge and 2+ inv save against psychic power and force weapon, wings and chaos armour.
- 5 attacks possibly WS10
- Costs like a land raider
- Plastic Model likely

Great Unclean One
- has feel no pain, immune to instant death, T6 I2 and slow and purposeful.
- Relatively bad compared to other GD
- has breath of chaos and aura of decay(see below)
- poisoned 2+ wounding attacks
- WS 6 and “1 more attack”
- Costs like a well tooled out falcon

Lord of change
- is very powerful: has a sort of force weapon, all the tzeentch gifts and shooting powers, he can shoot 3 times at 3 different target
- has 3+ Inv. save
- costs like a land raider

Keeper of Secrets- is weaker than a bloodthirster but has more attacks (possibly 6-7) and shoots a "Lash" like power
- can Hit and Run and has assault and defensive grenades, plus Fleet.
- Very good stats, the hightest initiative in the game (10 likely)
- Can shoot 2 times.
- has range 18" S4 AP 3 Assault 3 and the Pavane of Slaanesh (lash like power)
- costs like a great unclean one
- plastic model likely

(Undivided Greater Daemons only a Special Character)
Skarbrand, the Exiled One
He has a Chaos Armor, Furious Charge and a Special Rule called Burning Hatred.

Herald (2 for 1 slot)
- you can have Heralds of any combination of the gods you like (eg. Can have Nurgle and Tzeentch heralds in the same HQ)
- No Undivided Heralds
- Chariots are herald only and change the stats of the Herald and they loose their independent character status

Nurgle Herald:
- Daemonic Gift: Plaguesword: not like the one in old chaos codex
- Feel no pain and slow and purposeful
- May ride palanquin of nurgle
Options:
- noxious touch: wound 2+ in HtH
- Cloud of flies: like having assault and defensive grenades.
- aura of decay: a S2 AP – autohitting Shoot in HtH to all model in 6" like CSM power
- breath of chaos: Spray template weapon
- Unholy might: +1 strength
- Chaos icon

Slaneesh Herald:
- Daemonic gift: Rending claws
- May have mount of slaanesh or chariot
Options
- Chaos icon
- soporific musk: -1att one enemy in HtH
- Transfixing gaze
- Something(?) of slaanesh
- Some more stuff not shown in WD.

Tzeentch Herald
Daemonic Gift: Daemonic Gaze
- May take disc of tzeentch or chariot
Options:
- we are legion: it allows to shoot at two different target with different weapon
- Soul Devourer: Psychic (Force?) Weapon
- Master of Sorcery: Can shoot 2 times with different weapons (i.e. monstruos creatures can shoot 3 times)
- Bolt of tzeentch: Str 9 AP 2 assault 1
- Breath of chaos
- Chaos icon
- Boon of mutation: turning into spawn, like chaos power

Khorne Herald
Daemonic gift: hellblade
Furious Charge
May take juggernaught or chariot
Options:
- Blessing of the blood God: 2+ inv save against psionic power and force weapon
- Chaos armour: 3+ save (remnants of power armour)
Chaos icon
- Unholy might: +1 strength
- Fury of khorne
- Death strike

ELITE

Flamers

Flesh hounds (w/special character)

Fiends of Slaanesh
- have 2 wounds and are immune to instant death.
- they are beasts.
- 4 rending attacks on the charge
- I5 and hit and run

Beast of nurgle- are like very toxic, tough but slow spawn... (FNP and poisoned attack)
- can do a tremendous ammount of attacks (D6)
- Costs over double a marine

TROOPS

- The troop choices are very cheap (not as an ork but cheap)
- One (or sometimes more) models may be upgraded with a gift.
- One can be upgraded to be a musician with an Instrument of Chaos which makes you win a melee fight by one wound if the result is a draw. Very cheap.

Daemonettes
- fleet and rending
- are the best choice not only for rending, but for their cost.
- 5-20 per unit
- cost less then Lesser Daemon in CSM codex (possibly same as a firewarrior)
- As many attacks on the charge as harlequins
- S3 T3

Bloodletters
- PW and FC
- cost a bit less then a Chaos space marine (possibly same as lesser daemon)
- no armour save
- have the toughness and strength of a Space Marine
- 5-20 per unit
- WS5
- one Bloodletter may be given Rending, upgrading him like he were a Champion (his stats are unchanged).

Plaguebearers
- FNP, Posioned Weapons, Slow and Purposeful
- cost less then Lesser Daemon in CSM codex
- 5-20 per unit
- have toughness one point more then lesser daemons

Pink Horrors (w/special charcter)
- Special character (the Changeling)
- Shooting one: shoot a S3 ap3 bolt and have access to one bolt of tzeentch for troop choice
- cost less then a Chaos space marines
- 5-20 per unit

furies
- Count as FOC slot, but not towards mandatory troops choice

nurglings
- they cost like an ork
- worse stats than an imperial guardsman
- they do not have FNP, only the Swarm rule
- 2 wounds
- squad size 4-7
- like fire warriors in combat
- Count as FOC slot, but not towards mandotary troops choice

FAST ATTACK

Bloodcrushers
- 4+ armour save

Seekers of Slaanesh
- are mounted daemonettes not the SoC one.
- they have daemonettes stat plus 1 attack and are cavalry

Screamers
- are jetbikes, interesting choice with upgrade, suck without.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Soulgrinder (modified Defiler)
- 2 close combat weapons, one Mawcannon (whitch can be ugraded) and a Reaper.
- Is a walker
- Costs like a defiler
- 4 attacks and a “harvester” built into one of its ccw.
- the Mawcannon has a 'Vomit' weapon profile which can be upgraded to 'Tongue' weapon or to 'Phlegm' weapon.
- not markable

Daemon Prince (very customizable choice)
- Daemon Prince Stat are lower then the CSM one, is cheaper, but can buy upgrade to become an HQ choice.
- Can be more dangeruos in HtH then the CSM (expecialy the nurgle one) or if marked Tzeentch be a very good mobile fire base.

SPECIAL CHARACTERS

There are 3 special Greater Daemons (one for Nurgle, one For Tzeentch and one Undivided) and 4 Special Heralds (one for each God)

Nurgle Greater Daemon Character
- Kugath the plaguefather
- has two special rules: Blessing of Pus and nurgling infestation

Nurgkle Herald Character
- Epidemius

Slaneesh Herald Character
- the Masque
- special rule called the eternal dance and a inv save of 3+
- can shoot two Lash of submission like powers for shooting phase

Tzeentch Greater Daemon Character
- Oracle of Tzeentch
- is a monstruos creature with 1 wound (possibly some strange rule)

GENERAL RULES:

All Daemons have Invulnerable save, can be placed in deep strike and have immunity to instant death.

All codex entries (yes, even the Soulgrinder) are daemons.

They can't be included in Chaos Space Marines armies, they are an independent force.

A full God army can be made, the strength of the force varies for the chosen God (IMHO Mono-Tzeentch and Slaanesh are the strongest)

ICONS:
Daemons can be placed all in deep strike, and than enter in play at 6" from an icon and assault.
Possible deployment/entering play will be: half the army will have to start in reserve to be summoned by those starting on the board.

Icons are available to:

Herald
Bloodletters
Daemonettes
Plaguebearers
Horrors
Bloodcrushers
Seekers
Daemon Prince

It's very expensive for troops (10 points less the then a lascannon to a Choosen CSM unit) but cheap for DP (like a flamer)

OTHER:
- no nurgle or tzeentch cavalry, the first have Daemon Beast and the second Screamers (that are considered jetbike)
- there are no psychic powers, only shooting weapons. This is one of the strongest things in the list
- there are no daemonic weapons for normal HG, don't know for special one.
- Nugle sucks very bad. It's very tough but slow like hell and can go only in HtH to do some damage, but only GD and DP negates saves
- Nurgle DP is a must for all-Nurgle armies
- Virtually Tzeentch can deploy up to 17 (seventeen!) S9 AP2 Assault1 shots...
- Screamers will not have access to Icons, thus preventing daemon bomb.

·
262 Posts
won't get that

a chaos army not compatible with CSM ?? oh my watch out the whining treads pop out .. there will be now like csm codex and daemons codex whining .. plus how come the juggernaut of khorne can't be taken as a FS choice.. flamer as elites ???.. also seen the soulgrinder mini.. what a joke . so EZ to make one better off buying a defiler from ebay then buy a nice deamon mini for cheap from an other range.. extra bit for making a dread or a brass scorpion

oh well seem the daemon joke was not a joke after all..thx for the preview

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Oh hellz yes. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on a couple units of Bloodletters... oh, and then a Bloodthirster to lead them. And I guess a Herald after that, and then maybe some more Bloodletters. Oh, and then I'll grab some Bloodcrushers and Flesh Hounds and...

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Now I'm really torn - do I use my Daemon Prince in order to keep my two armies consistent, go for the Lord of Change because of sheer awesomeness, or take the Oracle of Tzeentch? I'm still waiting to see his stats but undoubtedly he will be something cool. It will be interesting to field a Tzeentch army with inferno Lasguns in any case, and Lascannons.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When in doubt...get 'em all NiteRabbit.

So, this is like a daemon only list a presume (I've never heard of it before...then again I'm not privvy to a lot of info...) so that chaos will have beast, daemon and mortal armies that can be fielded by themselves?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Jak, this is the 40k version of the Daemon Books, there is also a fantasy one, Jared has posted that summary up to.
Yeah I got that it was 40K, but I've never seen a daemon only book for 40k in all the times I've visited GW to look at fantasy!:rofl Not that I was paying attention or anything, but I didn't know they had one since I only recently started 40K

Is it the firts incorperation of it? Like, they've never had a codex before, right?

·
Registered
121 Posts
First version of the 40k daemon codex, not the first version for fantasy daemons.
That's what I thought

·
Registered
647 Posts
OK here is my question, hopefully someone can answer. The units like pink horrors, that say "with special character". Does that mean I can only take that unit in the army if I take the special character? If that is true, that means the only way to take a Tzeetch army is to take hime, because pink horrors were the only tzeetch troops choice.

I ask not becaue I want to do a tzeetch army, but because I currently have a unit of flamer, horrors and bloodletters, from my chaos 3rd codex days. Well flamers are now elites, leaving me bloodletters and horrors for my two troops. With out seeing full stats between this special character and the generic greater demon, I'm not sure I want to be forced to take him just to use my horrors in my army. But then I have to buy another troop unit.

I'm thinking since my existing demon units are khorne and tzeetch, I want to keep the army in that way. I have enough demons and DPs, and a defiler to at least proxy some games and try the codex out before commiting more.

Also, do you have to only put half the army in reserves for deep strike, or can you put the whole thing in reserves? And if you put the whole thing in reserves, do any units coming in with out an icon scatter like normal deep striking? Or do you have to have icons on the table to summon anything at all? In that case that means people are going to be forced to "hide" at least one icon model for the first turn or two to ensure it's always on the table. Which would suck

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Since all we really have to go by is rumors, don't take anything I say as absolute. The following are just my opinions on how things will turn out.

OK here is my question, hopefully someone can answer. The units like pink horrors, that say "with special character". Does that mean I can only take that unit in the army if I take the special character? If that is true, that means the only way to take a Tzeetch army is to take him, because pink horrors were the only tzeetch troops choice.

I ask not becaue I want to do a tzeetch army, but because I currently have a unit of flamer, horrors and bloodletters, from my chaos 3rd codex days. Well flamers are now elites, leaving me bloodletters and horrors for my two troops. With out seeing full stats between this special character and the generic greater demon, I'm not sure I want to be forced to take him just to use my horrors in my army. But then I have to buy another troop unit.

I'm thinking since my existing demon units are khorne and tzeetch, I want to keep the army in that way. I have enough demons and DPs, and a defiler to at least proxy some games and try the codex out before commiting more.
I'm pretty sure that the Special Character will be just like some of the current Ork ones. That is, you can add them to a unit instead of a normal unit champion upgrade. If you can get a hold of the Ork Codex, look for characters like Zagstruk or Snikrot for examples.

Also, do you have to only put half the army in reserves for deep strike, or can you put the whole thing in reserves? And if you put the whole thing in reserves, do any units coming in with out an icon scatter like normal deep striking? Or do you have to have icons on the table to summon anything at all? In that case that means people are going to be forced to "hide" at least one icon model for the first turn or two to ensure it's always on the table. Which would suck
I'd assume that you have to put half of your army in Reserve and I doubt that you'd have the ability to DS everything. I'd think that units that are coming in without an Icon would Deep Strike normally.

Hope that helps ease your fears a bit,

Katie D

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
"Special Character" refers to The Changeling, which is a special kind of unit upgrade for them. You do not have to take one when making a unit, he works basically like a unit champ.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know whether Daemons will have instability in the new codex? Or, at least, a modified version of it?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ah OK that makes me feel better then. With my existing models I have one elite(flamers) two troops (bloodletters and horrors) a khorne demon prince, a chaos defiler I can at least proxy for a soulgrinder to play test. I also have a conversion job of a minatour on a jugernaught I did for a contest, that would make a cool skull crusher.

I'm thinking a greater demon of tzeetch woud lead this army well too, and then maybe a unit of flesh hounds to round it out. Sounds gun.

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Right! That's it! I'm gonna throw my lot in with Space Marines. After making,painting and playing with them for about 12 years I'm gonna pledge my allegiance to KHORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned they are THE BEST looking minis that are coming out of this Daemon range. As for the Soulgrinder... I can think of sooo many conversions and modeling opportunities right now...*mind wonders off into warp spawned insanity*

:happy: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! oh and while you're at, a bowl of tomato soup would be nice.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Been thinking more and more on this stuff, and looking forward to getting my hands on the codex. I think it will make for a good fun army alternative for me, with out much additional investment from what I already have from 3rd Ed chaos. So that's good. Some great conversion ideas too, and looking like the DP will have lots of options leading to some great conversions, especially if they do a plastic kit. That's great.

I think I'm just going to continue my current trend of demon models and keep it purely tzeetch and khorne, which sound like the stonger of the two anyway.
Do we have any more info on what the soulcrushers are like and unit sizes and abilities?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Will all daemons have an invulnerable save? Will many have armor saves?

Just wondering exactly how useless chaos terminators may be against them.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts