Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all

me and some peeps over at the warseer forums have been busy creating a new army list for a race known as the xenarch (hence the name) weve completed the army list, but we would like second opinions on the list from another site, which is why i came here. we need to know what you guys think, is it balanced, what units arnt worth taking etc etc. to get the list put your email on here and ill send it to you

things that are being sorted out
*xenarch infantry
*swarms
*shattered

EDIT: just got imformed. heres the website for the list.

http://project-xenarch.blogspot.com/2006/02/codex-version-193.html

·
Registered
126 Posts
looks good...

except for that plasma sword...

i dont know if i would play with them tho. but id have to see concept art.

but the plasma sword has some serious issues. you cant take T down to 3. it cant be done. IMagine instant killing a wraithlord? yea exactly. sorry

maybe wound on a 4+ always. 3+ at most. even then, youd have to make it more than 15 points.

id say 25 points for a wound on 4+.

but im looking forward to some concept art. PM me if you ever get any up.

·
Registered
319 Posts
*Jaw drops to floor*
These are awesome concepts, both the drawings and race. I didn't read through all the fluff, but what I did sounds fantastic! And the names sound perfect! Really sorta out-there and super sci-fi! It sounds that way the fluff makes them out to be mysterious. I was trying to develop a race like this, but I don't know if I should continue now! This is too cool!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks really good. The only thing I would change is that you are only allowed 2 cells per troop choice instead of three because 3 just seems a bit cheesy. Also follow what GM Hall said.

*drools* Awesome concept art. Does anyone know how I can model them (besides using a ton of green stuff)?

Very good job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on the modelling issue, one of our number is working on it, but it may require plenty of greenstuff, sorry guys.

any of you are very welcome to suggest ideas btw.

i will playtest the suggestion from GM, see how it pans out.

·
Son of LO
5,146 Posts
This is actually a very nice expansion, considering GW has mentioned the Xenarch all of once. I guess a free slate can be a good thing sometimes.

Maybe send some of this to GW when it's done. I sincerely doubt they'll release the codex, but maybe they'll incorporate some of the fluff and stuff you've come out with into the official mythos (provided you make it an unconditional gift.. I doubt they want to wind up with another eldar like legal issue.)

However.. I really, really advice you to drop the anti daemon stuff from the background first. Not everything in the 40k metaplot has to be linked to ancient races trying to fight daemons.. Having the spire as a mystery is much cooler, and doesn't seem so tired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello again.

just to say there has been an update at the blog. rules for yaegothu (their primitive allies) are in, and more concepts for units. must say at this point that flame of unduns pics are generally the end result. there is more fluff for the xenarch and yaegothu

see what you think

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well, the name sounds like the sub-species name of my race, the Xanodross(the subspecies is calle dthe xearch(and it is for a game by the name of rusted faith))), but all that aside...

I got too much of a Halo-Covenant army with some twists. I also get a Necron-wannabe feel out of it (necrons are souls trapped in metal bodies, similar to the manifestation suits etc...)

I have a question though, how ecxactly did formless "spirits" build the manifestation suits? If they are able to build them, surely they should be able to fight without the need of something that hideous.

Also, Games Workshop/ Chapter Approved have a policy of not accepting rules created by fans, and for background they usually wont do it, since there is a chance of a lawsuit always occuring...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chaos0xomega,
First off, the Xenarch are a GW race, its just there are only 2 official mentions of them, one in the Inquisitor Rulebook and one in the Xenology backgound book. Both reference pieces of tech but give no solid details about the race themselves. I have never played halo so am unable to make any comparisons with it but please feel free to check all 1122 posts of our warseer thread just in case, also necrons are soulless, they are just mindless automata. Check the necron codex for the full fluff on how the necrons came to be so. Also as yet we have submitted nothing to Games Workshop and as yet have no immediate intention to do so as the project is still incomplete despite us having a fairly conclusive army listing in place but we need to greatly develop the background to fully round out the race as a whole. Read the background at the website for further details on the race. BTW your race name sound similar to an eldar aspect eluded to in the 2nd ed eldar codex, the Slicing Orbs of Xandros.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Are you serious!?

Damn, its so hard to find a good name these days...

·
Banned
2,600 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that if you guys are still working on this project, I'd like to be part of the design team myself, if you guys still need some more aid. I think this is an awesome project, and I'd love to be able to help you move it along.

Kate

·
Registered
526 Posts
:w00t: finally some xenarch!
best race ever!
id be more than happy to help...
the do seem some waht similar to crons

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
feel free to join in the development. currently mostly stuff is going on at warseer (wardwarf now but still warseer.com) but fell free to put new ideas up on here.

currently we are working more on the yaegothu units, creating them their own lil list, but there are plenty of things to do, ill list a few below

*fluff for most of the xenarch units
*testing of xenarch infantry with assault 2 weapons for +3pts, shattered, yaegothu, swarms, shadow walkers and numerous other things
*creation of concept artwork, or for tose who do REALLY excell at art, the art for the codex format itself (flame of undun is currently the only one capable of doing stuff for codex format)
*suggestions
*new ideas

so there they are:w00t:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.