Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
people always talk about how they will counter threats such as horde or mech lists. what im asking is have you with you ork horde for example, ever faced off against nids heavy on gaunts?

im just gettin back into wh40k and i cant recall and situations like that, but plz post with battles wich both side had a general similarity in army composition and tactics.

this should be interesting

SL

Reactions: GDMNW

·
Registered
667 Posts
Actually, two weeks ago I was at a tourney where I ran into my first opponent having
almost the same list as I had.
Mine was an Iron Warrior mech. list, while his was a Nurgle mech. list, fielding almost
the same vehicles and troops.

As I have alot of experience with my own list, I knew how to beat his.

·
Blood Axe
526 Posts
It could be worse. Once upon a time when I played Space Marines I wound up going against a guy whose list was identical to mine save for 1 unit. Apparently I had beaten him a few months beforehand so he decided to emulate my list. You know what they say about imitation. I was flattered.

·
Registered
304 Posts
nope

I tend to take a variety of lists anyway, but my "competitive" lists aren't your standard mech eldar so its fairly rare.

I've seen some SM armies that played similarly but since I don't play versus eldar often I don't really run into that problem.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Too much

I think the simple truth is that there are far too many permutations within the codices to really allow any two people to pick the same force, unless they do it deliberately of course. I think this is one of the most marvellous things about 40k. In fact it's the reason I quit chess and started the hobby, in chess my opponents always used the same army list as me. Worse, they deployed in exactly the same way!

Was I flattered? Nope.

I'm glad that 40k works as well as it does.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree, because of the myriad of style's that can work for each codex is so large, it is a rare game that one would play a similar enemy.

that being said, in the months since i created this thread, ive watched a few battles that were beetween similar armies.

IG AC vs IG AC

there were two armored company players deploying when i walked into the games workshop in ontario Ca, because of this matchup i had to stay for awhile, it was an awquard battle where firelanes and the dice gods ruled the game. each player had a command Russ and two troop Russ's and 1 or 2 IF squads, and each had some basilisks, other than that not much else for either team, and near the end one guy had a bailisk and an LR with its battle cannonn dead, and the other guy had a basilisk, but then my own game was about to start so i didint get to see the end.

so yea i guess it is within the realm of possibilities, but not likely to happen again anytime soon.

SL

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nid on Nid Action, I play at a tournament where these twin brothers usually win. One plays DE and the other plays Tyranids. Other than changing out gaunts for gargoyles. The Tyranid list is about the same as mine. Its a really weird experience. We both just sit back and exchange potshots until deciding to just throw everything together and let the genestealers decide who wins. Lately I've changed my list to better counter his, because his never changes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nid on Nid Action, I play at a tournament where these twin brothers usually win. One plays DE and the other plays Tyranids. Other than changing out gaunts for gargoyles. The Tyranid list is about the same as mine. Its a really weird experience. We both just sit back and exchange potshots until deciding to just throw everything together and let the genestealers decide who wins. Lately I've changed my list to better counter his, because his never changes.
And THAT'S how you can be a complete dick.

j/k, I do the same thing. :p

·
Registered
382 Posts
And THAT'S how you can be a complete dick.

j/k, I do the same thing. :p
Ha ha, you make me feel warm and fuzzy inside...ew.

I have played the necron on Necron game though. Res Orbs countering Monolith blasts and maybe losing a squad by the end of the game. Yeah, its like watching two old women fight and then forget who they were fighting. Pretty sad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.