Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We (VC) have a banner (forgot the name, my book is at the house) that causes opponents to roll 3 dice for lead checks and discard the lowest. Lizardmen are cold blooded and thus roll 3 dice on lead checks and discard the highest. If I'm using this banner vs Lizardmen which rule will take precedence?

Psyan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well...

Both rules would take precedence. You'd end up rolling four dice and discarding the lowest and highest values, esentially making it the same odds as a normal 2d6 roll. That's the way I've always played it, anyways.

Cheers,
DLJ

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
DLJ is right. The banner's rule say, if I remember correctly, that you roll an extra die, not a third one. Actually, it's to your benefit to have that extra die, even it seems that it'd only offset the cold-blooded. With four dice, the "law of diminishing returns" kicks in, and rolls like double ones become more likely, which is good for us.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Do you have any suggestions for dealing with the hard parts of the Lizardman army? For example, the 2nd gen Slann MP and his two lvl 2 Skink Priests?

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Kill the skink priests! Use fell bats or dire wolves to kamikaze into whatever unit they're hiding in. If they're in skink units, make sure that you're inside half your charge range so that they can't stand and shoot at you. Remember, salamander units rank up like skirmishers, so don't let them hide behind the salamanders if you get into combat.

As for the Slann priest, two options: overwhelm him or ignore him.

He might make his temple guard stubborn, but a stubborn unit isn't ItP. Hit him from all sides and autobreak that unit. It's the only way I've ever killed a slann, to run it down. Spirit hosts are great for flanking in such cases.

Or get the priests out of the way, and then ignore him for the rest of the game.

Also, the Slann is a large target so you can target him with magic missiles even if he's inside the temple guard unit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts