Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just started a lizardmen army and am about to put together my cold one cavalry. My original 800pt starting list had five of them with spears but after reviewing the matter I'm not sure the spears add enough to be taking 20 pts from my list; Especially when a good wyssans cast will give the rider and the mount strength 5 in any event.

What are people's experience with cold ones and spears. Worth it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've always loved using CoC in friendly games, especially in the last army book. Saving 20 points from the spears at this point, to me, is good because it gets me 4 more skinks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
hmmmm 4 skinks ok but str 5 6 on the charge with wyssans i run 12 with spears and i have priest light skink beasts byrons tim warp (which is great in general) and wyssans is a great combo this makes them a line breaker unit :D thats 6 asf attacks potentially at str 5-6 per model there is nothing surviving that :D so in short spears everytime. (yeah i agree they are costly though)

·
4,361 Posts
I prefer spears. If charging something, I want to cause as much damage as possible. Don't think of it as paying for the spears, think of it as saving a point from what they cost in the last edition, and the horses get an extra attack as well.

SirKently

·
Registered
107 Posts
I prefer spears. If charging something, I want to cause as much damage as possible. Don't think of it as paying for the spears, think of it as saving a point from what they cost in the last edition, and the horses get an extra attack as well.

SirKently
Absolutely agree. Unless you're planning on putting them against elves then they're fairly likely to come up against T4 often enough so S5 is valuable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts