Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am building a tyrnaid tournament army and I am going to dip 'em (Once I said I would never do it... but it is so easy and allows me to use bright colours.. I have fallen :p)

But anyway, I have tried out some colour schemes and am still not sure yet. So I now go searching for input and ideas :)

Colour schemes I have tried thusfar.

yellow soft parts, rotting flesh carapace

yellow soft parts, charadon granite carapace

Orange soft parts, rotting flesh carapace (I kinda like this one, But I think I need lighter orange )

bronzed flesh soft parts, charadon granite carapace

I can conclude that I like the ones with the lighter colour carapace better So I think I need to try out the orange one but wirh fiery orange instead of blazing ornage. I think that would like better.. Also I will paint some lil' dots on their limbs like some kind of camo. It looks cool and I'll show some when I'm ready.

But I would like to know what the general opinion is on what would be cool to do..

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to Librarium. I personally like the idea of the second paint scheme. If you could post pictures many more people would coment. Also, you should post this in the painting section. once again, welcome :happy:
-Grey

·
663 Posts
I agree with SGluciousa, the second sounds best to me. I my opinion the Carpace should be the most flashy part of the bug and the flesh a more subdued color compaired to the armor.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
Taking the risk of sounding stupid, but exactly what is meant by "dip"? Is it just as it sounds?
Yes, I think so, though I myself have never used dipping. Basically you get a tub of paint-like ink stuff ( I don't khow what exactly is actually used for this) and the model is dipped in. This provides it with quick and easy colour tone and some basic shading. It is used after a model recieves a basecoat of paint and it is a good way of quickly getting models ready, or so I'm told.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So it's not actually dipped in paint...just dipped in ink? Like a super-ink-wash? Probably another noob question.

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
No, when you dip something you dip it in minwax or a wood sealant. I personally do not like it for I think it is a little cheap. I would only suggest it for a HUGE amount of little bugs for it is easier than highlighting. You do not dip in paint or in ink.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You dip your models in, some sort of raw oil :p and they come out less ugly than before.. so it works for me..

But I think I have it! Rotting flesh soft parts and hawk turquoise carapace. Adn after the dipping is done I'll do some simple high lights.
They are very light and are a bit like snow nids :). So snow bases I'll be giving them to. Pictures will soon follow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So after the oil dip, they come out...shinier? Alright, I look forward to the pictures, if for no other reason than to see the effect this oil dip has on the colour scheme.

·
Registered
276 Posts
From what I've seen of dipping I think it shades the base colours in the same way that an ink would but it also higlights the model slightly as more of the *insert substance here* builds up in the recess's and less on the raised area's.

Well I think thats wat it does ;Y

T.G.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.