Close order drill
Jungle Fighters
Warrior weapons

Hardened fighters
Priests
or
Conscripts
Independent commissars

I think it would be quite fun to have my troops hiding behind the trees then charge through into combat. I know that without any trees I'm going to get slaughtered with a 6+ save but thats what guard are for anyway (and I'm used to loosing so it doesn't bother me). I'll be doing this for the fun of it and to have something unusual rather than something that actually has a chance of winning.8X

Anyone tried anything like this before?

I'm thinking of converting WFB chaos marauders for the models, I just need to find a load of laspistols.

·
Registered
177 Posts
aggreed. A 6++ save will ruin you.

I don;t have my codex on me, but why don;t you takek the ligfht infantry spedcial rule instead of jungle fighters. That way, i believe you can move through cover better, get to infi;trate, and other bonuses (plus, you get lascannons in you have any heavy weapons8Y)

hope this helps

:drinking:

·
Paintwater cup != tea mug
620 Posts
Use the IA5 Renegade Militia list, it lets you get CCW+LP for free and you don't need to give it to everything.

·
2,399 Posts
aggreed. A 6++ save will ruin you.
I don;t have my codex on me, but why don;t you takek the ligfht infantry spedcial rule instead of jungle fighters. That way, i believe you can move through cover better, get to infi;trate, and other bonuses (plus, you get lascannons in you have any heavy weapons)
hope this helps
But as a very, very important point catchans have the all important WS4, (see catchan codex) and for a total laugh you get heavy flamers.

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
Catachans from the codex doctrines dont get the WS4.
I like this idea it could lead to some wins by pure surprise. Take lots of heavy flamers they will do so much damage. Just find the woods in the terrain you are using and hide your whole army behind it. Mob tactics.

It may be an idea to use some jungle fighters form the catachan codex as allies though I would avoid that personally.

I'd go for priests definately hardened fighters if used sparsely aswell. I was toying wiht a similar setup myself but without the catachan idea. It was going to be medieval with the rough riders having carapace and making elite fighty commands. It woudl have constantly lost but man it would have been fun!

A

·
2,399 Posts
Catachans from the codex doctrines dont get the WS4.

It may be an idea to use some jungle fighters form the catachan codex as allies though I would avoid that personally.

A
You're very, very right, what i meant was use the catchans codex - on GW site as they have far better WS's.
I was considering trying to do catchans but in urban instead of woods - it's just most opponents would say " not a chance - too powerful" - I think they'd be excellent as urban warfare gurillas - the booby traps and snipers fluff so well.

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
I totally agree stayschrunchyinmilk, TBH, unless you were using it in cityfight I cant see how it is more powerful, then again it fits so well and jungle fighters were intended for use on heavily wooded tables so meh, replacing every jungle or forest bit for buildings and rubble would be so fluffy. Worth a 400 point army IMO.

A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.