Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I haven't played 40k for a very long time now (I only ever played a few games back in school - and that was with the old 'rogue trader' hardback book), but I've decided to try and get back into the hobby.

Anyway, I've been reading some of the posts here (especially the stickied ones), and have found them to be very useful and a nice reintroduction to the game.

I've also started a basic looking blog, where I hope to document how I'm getting on with my reintroduction to the game. Here's the link if anyone happens to be interested.
101st Regiment

Anyway... that's all for now... just thought I'd stop by and say hello :)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Hi and welcome,
some of us are still around that played in RT days :)

love the old IG models, they are still legal

you thought of a paint scheme or going with the RT days grey and black?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I've experimented with a few colours, and seen what works and what doesn't work with a kind of dipping/wash technique. I've settled on something similar to the current Cadian's - but with a kind of WWII German blue/grey for the armour.

I've got a few pictures that I need to tidy up and add to the blog a bit later on, and I've also just received a bunch of the new plastic Cadians (cheaply from ebay) that I've started work on too.

Basically I'm thinking of using the older models as conscripts or a penal legion (or whatever passes for those these days) and the new models for regular troops. In truth money is a little tight at the moment, so I'm just trying to make use of what I have, and minimise the cost of building my first (well first this century) army. The older models may disappear altogether eventually.

...and thanks for the welcome :)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
ah yes the good old penal leigon and their exploding colars, they dont make rules like they used to!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts