Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I'll just focus on painting rather than SPAG.
For one I don't like the colour scheme, the scorched brown has given you a mud like finish.
You need more highlighting, where you've left it off it looks unfinished and where you have included them you have gone in too strong, subtlety is key.
The left hand and sword however are marked improvements on your earlier work however, follow our tips on the rest of the piece and he'll scrub up nicely.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Smart way to bring yourself back there Scarycrow.
Real smart.
Not only have you made pointless references to the problems of the past, which your time away was inteded to help you get over, you have just been rather ungrateful to someone who is simply trying to help, and has answered your post.

As much as I would like to welcome you back to the forum with open arms, I am giving you a verbal warning.
Please just try and get on with people.
Personal remarks generally aren't welcomed as a response to criticism.

-t.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the model is an improvement to your previous models. You've put a lot more work into shading and blending your colors. The only thing I'm going to say is that you should try out some different colors. Often models benefit from contrasting colors (red-white, green black, brown-yellow...)

All your colors sort of blend into each other without actually accenting anything. A contrasting color is useful to draw the eye away from or towards detail on the model.

Hope I could help

Regards,
Razal19

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally some helpfull hints, thanks I tryed everything you guys said but since it is suppose to be nurgle i was semi limited on colours. I like to try and stay much with the story line as possible. Right now I am working on a new model it is the new bat from vamp counts with a nurgle lord bursting from his back. So how can i model droplets of blood?

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
As for the blood you could use either water-effect or PVA, both methods requires you to mix some red ink in it before you sculpt the blood though.

It is however often better to ask for modelling advice on the modelling board, but then again it's often better to be a bit humble when asking for advice and to treat those who use their time to help you with a bit of gratitude.

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
I like the colour scheme. It's certanly very different. Try giving it a light drybrush of Graveyard earth to pick out the details. It may also give it a more organic feel.

Although, having said this, the face does meld into the armour a bit too much. You may want to drybrush/paint it a different colour elf/rotting flesh for example.

Just a side note; if you don't like people critisizing your painting, then don't bother posting pics for them to comment on.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry but I do like it I like it alot, what I do not like is someone coming on and saying poor job try harder and give no advice. I never ment to offend him all i said was "weren't you the guy who put red" because he said the highlight stood to far out and I thought that one did aswell. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
sorry but I do like it I like it alot, what I do not like is someone coming on and saying poor job try harder and give no advice. I never ment to offend him all i said was "weren't you the guy who put red" because he said the highlight stood to far out and I thought that one did aswell. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black
Walex gave you constructive feedback, even complimenting you by saying that certain parts of the piece were improvements of your last part. Coming back with your comment in response was not a good way to handle the situation; you could have chosen to ignore the comment, or thank him for his opinions on your piece and wait for others. There's no need to explain yourself; minus_t was giving you a short warning that you need to think before replying to posts that you may or may not want to read.

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've refrained from replying in threads for a while and I realise this isn't really my place.. But as a lurker on this forum who's been here for a bit now and read a fair amount of topics I have to say you have been the most rude person I have seen on these boards Scarycrow. People here are trying to help you and give honest criticism and you're just blatantly rude. I won't even bother responding to your painting but I just had to tell you that you're not the kind of person I like to see. Alive... 8X

·
Registered
52 Posts
I won't even bother responding to your painting but I just had to tell you that you're not the kind of person I like to see. Alive... 8X
Cymrych,

Don't lower yourself by attacking his character. He got baned once, I'm sure the admins notice his lack of "Librarium Online" spirit and will act accordingly.

As for the models... well I already posted earlier on, I think he shows signs of improvement despite his "attitude"

Regards,
Razal19

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.