Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok the following question arose when I read the rules for the commissar:

assuming I make a huge blob out of an infantry platoon that consists of 5 infantry squads each with power weapon sergeant and power weapon commisar to form a huge 55man strong squad. Now, they loose a combat against something and fail their leadership test. Then the 5 commissars start to shoot people, thats where it gets interesting.

do the comissars shoot 1 sergeant each? Or is it determined randomly for every commisar which sergeant he shoots?

The comissar entry states that if there are more models with the same leadership value, you have to randomly choose one.
in the example above, would you, lets say, roll 5 d6 (each comissar gets one), name the sergeants 1-5, reroll any 6 that occurs and then remove all sergeants that got shot?

Like you've rolled a 1,2,4 and two 5s and remove all the sergeants but the one you named 3. Do the two commissars shoot sergeant nr. 5 at the same time? how about another failed leadership test, will all the commissars shoot the last remaining sergeant?

Please tell me how you think this works. Right now I think it works as described but i'm not too shure about it.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iwas talking about fusing the squads together to form a huge 55 men squad (blob) I'll edit that more clear because some people might not know what i mean with the term blob.

·
1,648 Posts
I'd say that each commissar executes an officer. The Commissars will stop executing Sergeants after there are no more sergeants (as the commissars are now the squad leaders and will never execute one of their own.)

But why even go with 5 commissars? One is just fine. That's a lot of points to pay for more power weapons when they will probably start killing your power-weapon toting sergeants at some point. Not worth it IMO.

Also the PCS cannont join a combined squad. Best you can do is a 5-man PCS and a 50-man Combined Squad.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you could join the PCS to that unit it would be downright broken. Imagine a 60 man units with feel no pain and lots of power weapns. Add straken or Creed for furious charge and so much about guard beeing bad in close combat harhar.

·
Now w/ English voice-over
454 Posts
My interpretation seems to differ a bit, I'd argue that only -one- model will be executed. My thoughts go like this: as soon as you have removed a model you -must- reroll your failed Ld test, however you're not allowed to reroll any dice more than once, and when the rules conflict we must apply reason, and reason here would mean that only one model will ever get executed, I think they'd have made a point about it if they intended otherwise (saying one model per commisar or equivalent).

Also @Hockeyman: Once you have killed all the sergeants the commisars start killing off the standard infantrymen at random (might as well be your heavy weapon team or grenade launcher).

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
My interpretation seems to differ a bit, I'd argue that only -one- model will be executed. My thoughts go like this: as soon as you have removed a model you -must- reroll your failed Ld test, however you're not allowed to reroll any dice more than once, and when the rules conflict we must apply reason, and reason here would mean that only one model will ever get executed, I think they'd have made a point about it if they intended otherwise (saying one model per commisar or equivalent).

Also @Hockeyman: Once you have killed all the sergeants the commisars start killing off the standard infantrymen at random (might as well be your heavy weapon team or grenade launcher).
That's my interpritation of the rule, however i'd only go with one commissar, the power weapon is nice but it's a lot of points and not that many attacks.

The Emperor Protects

1 - 8 of 8 Posts