Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
i hate orcs and goblins but surely it has to be night goblins, fanatics are just great

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would have to say night goblins because the fanatics are just awesome and the squig herds are pretty cool as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unless you are using the night goblin army list from the army book (which isnt really official) you can only have one squig herd in your army. That is why you should use both the fanatics and the squig herd in yur army. :yes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Go for a mix. Gobbos with hand weapons and shields are surprisingly tough to kill, and at 3 points a pop, hellishly cheap. And Wolf Riders can be used to keep away fast cav who would try to bring out the fanatics early.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna use the regular armylist because the one in the back kinda sucks.I think ill stay with the night gobbo theme but model the wolf riders like night gobbos.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
My O&G army has wolfriders modelled with Night Gobo heads makes the army look very unified. I will warn you, be prepared for most of your army to flee the game in most cases. All night gobo's is a rough army to play vs almost everything.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Try and mix common and night goblins together, night goblins have a lower leadership so make your army general a normal gobbo and take a battle standard with the big red raggedy banner. That helps a lot as it increases leadership and gives the battle standard re roll.

You will also need something like a giant in an all gobbo army as goblins (be they common or night) don't exactly hit hard.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinkking either a gobbo doom driver or giant but a giant sounds better I just dont know how to equip a goblin warboss any suggestions for equiping one?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Given the bloody awful leadership of gobbos I would give him some Guzzlas backbone brew. The boost in leadership combined with a battle standard for the rerolls can be priceless to keep your units in place (even if it is short lived).

·
690 Posts
I like to use Skarsnik and Gobbla. They cost a lord and a hero but you have a ld 8 night gobbo general with a big squig with an attitude (although he might chew on your own gobbo's every now and then). The Staff Skarsnik has makes him strenght 5. Which gives you 7 attacks at strenght 5 between the both of them and the spell on the staff will be a even better solution for those heavy cav units then spear chukka's. If you will stick with all gobbo's you can still take 4 additional heroes (as long as 2 are big bosses if you use all 4).

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Skarsnik and gobbla rock, I miss them as no one at my gaming club allows special characters :( What is useful to remember is with Skarsniks prodder is that each blast has to be dispelled separately, pretty handy when you fire 5 of them.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
In challenges they will generally be rubbish as Skarnik's armour isn't all that great, unless they go first of course. I played a game years ago and Gobbla ate a Dwarf army general in one go, killed him outright and Skarsnik didn't even roll a dice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts