x5 Chaos Space Marines-90
Plasmagun

x8 Chaos Space Marines -205
Meltagun
Aspiring Champion w/ Powerfist

Rhino

Obliterator - 75

Total=500

I tried to squeeze in an as much as possible. It feels a little thin though... Thoughts? Thanks

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Of coarse it feels thin, its 500 points!

Having said that, this is just about as much as you can put in at 500.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I almost want to say drop the oblit. Use the points to fill out the rhino squad. Drop the plasma gun from the foot sloggers give him an autocannon. That feels better to me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ten CSMs with fist champ and Cannon+Meltagun in a Rhino is 245 points. With that Prince build, you have 125 points for a second squad. The obliterator won't be as useful in 500, since any armor will generally be much lighter and less numerous than in higher-point games. With the Autocannon/Melta setup, the CSMs can handle most threats likely to appear while maintaining the ability to shoot massed infantry and heavy infantry to bits as well. Jumping out of the Rhino to shoot the enemy can do some major damage, and if (for some reason) you need to keep your distance, the Autocannon can get a few shots off while your marines keep their heads down.

For the remaining 125, I'd suggest five noise marines with sonic blasters for fire support, or possibly five vanilla CSMs in a Rhino (or with heavy weapons/more marines and no transport) which leaves you enough points for Doombolt+Mark of Slaanesh or just Mark of Khorne on your prince and a flamer for your marines.

Of course, I'm almost entirely a theoryhammer player at the moment (obsessive converting leads to a lot of time spent on a small number of minis...), so my idle musings may not apply as well to real-game scenarios.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Chaos marines are never going to feel right in 500pts. You will be outnumbered. Perhaps this is the solution though...

Daemon Prince - 130
-Wings

x5 Khorne Bezerkers- 140
Rhino

Meltagun

Rhino

5 summoned deamons

Use the meltagun or the deamonprince for what little armour there will be and close combat everything else!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chaos marines are never going to feel right in 500pts. You will be outnumbered. Perhaps this is the solution though...

Daemon Prince - 130
-Wings

x5 Khorne Bezerkers- 140
Rhino

Meltagun

Rhino

5 summoned deamons

Use the meltagun or the deamonprince for what little armour there will be and close combat everything else!
8 CSMs with a Meltagun and Rhino are 165. Also, you don't have any icons to summon the demons to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
8 CSMs with a Meltagun and Rhino are 165. Also, you don't have any icons to summon the demons to.
I like this:
Daemon Prince, Wings
6 CSM with rhino, melta
5 noise marines, 4 SBs, Blastermaster
Obliterator

Two great mobile threats, two dangerous units for a dangerous firebase. Looks killer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like this:
Daemon Prince, Wings
6 CSM with rhino, melta
5 noise marines, 4 SBs, Blastermaster
Obliterator

Two great mobile threats, two dangerous units for a dangerous firebase. Looks killer.
Hes right you know... lol
best list so far in this tiny little scrap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.