Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
And this was posted by NecroNurgle on Warseer as he has got a copy of the army book. It is the complete Magic Items and Vampire Powers lists. I was going to add this to the other thread I started but I felt this deserved its own thread.
I have had to remove the points cost of the magic items and vampire as this is still the intellectual property of GW.

Magic Items

Magic Weapons

Frost Blade: Any model taking a wound is slain outright.

Dreadlance: Lance, attacks automatically hit.

Black Axe of Krell: Wight king only, greatweapon causes d3 wounds, any model not slain must pas a toughness test each round or suffer another wound.

Blood Drinker: Vampire Only, each unsaved wound heals a wound to the wielder or the unit they are in.

Skabscrath: Bearer causes terror

Sword of Kings: Gains killing blow, wightkings gain killing blow on 5+

Tomb Blade: If in unit of skeleton warriors each wound creates a new skeleton.

Balefire Spike: Lance, attacks are flaming.

Talismans

Carstein Ring: The vampire is revive from slain once on a roll of 2+, if returned to life place model in the front rank of any friendly unit on the table. If there is no unit, the vampire is removed as a casualty.

Crown of the Damned: 4+ ward save bear subject to stupidity.

Wristbands of Black Gold: 3+ ward save against all ranged attacks. magic missles, templates etc.

Gem of Blood: One use only. On the first wound suffered in close combat, roll D6, on the roll of a 1 the bearer takes the wound and an extra wound, on 2+ the wound is rebounded onto the model that caused it with no armor save.

Arcane Items

Skullstaff: +1 to casting and dispelling rolls.

Staff of Damnation: Bound Spell with Power 3. All friendly undead with in 12" make a single attack. roll a die each time it is used, breaks on a 1.

Book of Arkhan: Bound Spell with power 3. Casts Vanhel's Danse Macarbre, roll a die each time it is used, breaks on a 1.

Sceptre de Noirot: bearer raises d3+9 zombies with raise dead.

Crimson Gem of Lahmia: Vampires only, at anytime during the magic pahse the bearer may expend one wound to gain a power die.

Black Periapt: Allows bear to keep one unused power die or one unused dispel die and the end of the phase and add it to his side's power or dispel pool in the next phase.

Magic Armor

Walach's Bloody Hauberk: Bearer gains a 4+ save that can be combined with other armour and also a 5+ ward.

Accursed Armour: Heavy Armor -3WS, -3I +1T.

Flayed Hauberk: 2+ save that cannot be improved.

Armor of Night: On foot only, Heavy Armor if wearer is on his own he at -2 to be shot at.

Nightshroud: Can be taken by Necromancers. Light Armor, attacker loses charging bonuses, loses ASF, and has their I reduced to 1.

Cadaverous Cuirass: Vampires only, Heavy Armor, killing blow and poison have no effect.

Enchanted Items

The Hand of Dust: Bound Spell with power 3. Inflicts 2d6 S5 hits to one unit in contact with bearer as shooting. Each time it is used roll a D6, on a 1 it breaks.

Rod of Flaming Death: Bound Spell with power 3. Magic missile d6 S4, 18" units suffing a casualty take panic check. With each use roll a D6, on a 1 it breaks.

Helm of Commandment: If wearer is not in combat one friendlt unit with in 12" may use bearer weapon skill.

The Cursed Book: One Use Only. For one round all attacks against bearer are WS 1.

Talisman of the Lycni: Vampire only. Vampire gains move 9.

Magic Banners

Drakenhof Banner: Unit gains regeneration.

Flag of the Blood Keep: 4+ ward save vs any kind of shooting.

Banner of the Barrows: Grave Guard, Black Knights and Wightkings in the unit gain +1 to hit.

Screaming Banner: Roll extra die on fear checks made against unit discard lowest.

Royal Banner of Strigos: Unit hates all enemies

Icon of Vengance: Unit does not crumble when general dies.

Banner of the Dead Legion: Unit counts as having twice as many models as it actually does.

Cursed Pendant: Unit claiming banner after killing your unit take d6 st4 hits. If they hold onto the banner they take d3 str4 hits every turn. No saves. The banner may be dropped (losing victory points) to avoid the second effect.

Banner of Endless Nightmare: The unit may claim up to +4 combat resolution from ranks if they have the models.

Standard of Hellish Vigor: Unit can always march.

Standard of Everlasting Death: Suffer one fewer casualty from crumble on a 4+.

Banner of Hellfire: Unit has magical flaming attacks.

Vampire Powers

The Severed

Spectral Horror: Ethereal, can take no magic items.

Ghoulkin: If joining a unit of ghouls the vampire and the ghoul unit can make a march move before the game starts.

Supernatural Terror: Cause Terror.

The Arcane

Master of the Dark Arts: Two extra power dice every phase.

Forbidden Lore: Know all spells from vampire lore or any other lore except life.

Dark Acolyte: Gain an extra magic level.

The Bestial

Flying Horror: The Vampire can Fly.

Infinite Hatred: Re-roll all missed To hit rolls.

Hunter in the Dark: Gain scout.

The Martial

Red Fury: Each wound dealt generates an extra attack, these extra attacks cannot generate extra attacks. Cannot be combined with a great weapon.

Avatar of Death: Gain Heavy Armor and your choice of greatweapon, handweapon and shield or two handweapons.

Dread Knight: Gain lance, heavy armor, shield and a barded nightmare.

The Courtly

Aura of Dark Majesty: -1 to enemy leadership in 6" (cumulative).

Walking Death: +1 combat to the resolution.

Beguile: Select one model, may re-roll wounds against chosen model unless it passes a Ld test with -3 to the Ld.

The Master (Affects Invocation of Nehek)

Lord of the Dead: Raise skeltons beyond their starting number and add +1 to the casting roll.

Summon Creatures of the Night: Raise Dire wolves, Batswarms And Fell Bats beyond starting size and add +1 to the casting roll.

Summon Ghouls: Raise ghouls beyond starting size, and add +1 to the casting roll.

Enjoy

JvK :happy:

·
Registered
671 Posts
This looks like a lot of fun really. I'm sure there will be some specific builds that will shine out for specific tasks, but it seems like you can also just go wild and make some interesting characters to go along with whatever model you deside to use. All my vampires are strigoi right now, I'll have to ponder what to do now that I have access to magic weapons, and magic weapons that might be worth using at that...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for this JVK.

Wow this looks like it will be really fun creating the fluff to go behind my army. The new VC army looks like it will be really customisable with the choice of magic items and special powers.

I guess I wont be missing my bloodlines as much as I first thought :)

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I can say is that a Vampire Lord on a Greater Nightmare with a Dreadlance, Cadavourous Cuirass and Red Fury is going to be hidiuously powerful. 5 strength 7 attacks on the charge that automatically hit and for every wound you cause you get a furthur attack that does not need to hit. Now that is phenominal killiness. ;o

·
Registered
428 Posts
All I can say is that a Vampire Lord on a Greater Nightmare with a Dreadlance, Cadavourous Cuirass and Red Fury is going to be hidiuously powerful. 5 strength 7 attacks on the charge that automatically hit and for every wound you cause you get a furthur attack that does not need to hit. Now that is phenominal killiness. ;o

Yeah, on standard core troops you'd be expecting 9-10 kills, just from him! Thats the same layout as I was looking at myself. Hell even elite troops don't have much chance of surviving that.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Skabscrath: Bearer causes terror
Great so they’ve replaced my sword of unholy power with a wannabe skaven weapon.

Nightshroud: Can be taken by Necromancers. Light Armor, attacker loses charging bonuses, loses ASF, and has their I reduced to 1.
Wow. Though I assume that only applies to models actually attacking the Necromancer.

On Banners: Why? Is there any need for 12 Banners?

Overall, I remain undecided. Though It looks like the new Army Book is shaping up nicely.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Icon of Vengance: Unit does not crumble when general dies.
Something for me to take, I think! Not that I plan on getting my general killed...

Cursed Pendant: Unit claiming banner after killing your unit take d6 st4 hits. If they hold onto the banner they take d3 str4 hits every turn. No saves. The banner may be dropped (losing victory points) to avoid the second effect.
Oh, that's just funny. You think it would work in a small, sacrificial unit? "Ha, we have your banner... ARGH, it's hitting us!"

Hunter in the Dark: Gain scout.
That's kind of cool. Not sure if it would be of any great use, but it's named well, if nothing else.

Beguile: Select one model, may re-roll wounds against chosen model unless it passes a Ld test with -3 to the Ld.
So... is that the only Lahmia-like power left? Hmmm...

Ah well. It does look like we've lost a lot of powers to gain some flexibility. But I want my old powers back! :C
Time to head back to the crypt and come up with some new plans, I think. It looks promising, I'm just going to have to work out how to use it all!

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
JvK relaible with the good stuff as always, rep for that man.

this lot seems awesome, if i wasnt swayed to VC befor i cetainly am now!!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
That list looks quite sweet, some great stuff in there. However it appears as though they have been made quite TK like, being able to heal many units only up to their starting number (unless the powers are taken)

Nice info :)

·
361 Posts
I noticed a few items basically were old bretonnian items which makes me wonder what we'll get ...sigh in another ....sigh again few years.... the lance for one is a complete remake of ours but even better since you cant lose its effect. And seeing how they just turned the frost blade into an insta kill i hope we get SOMETHING better

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is it just me or are the like 2x the normal numbers of banners??

Originally Posted by Jared van Kell
All I can say is that a Vampire Lord on a Greater Nightmare with a Dreadlance, Cadavourous Cuirass and Red Fury is going to be hidiuously powerful. 5 strength 7 attacks on the charge that automatically hit and for every wound you cause you get a furthur attack that does not need to hit. Now that is phenominal killiness.
Did they remove the vampire lord from the army?? Like only the Count now?

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
Strange that they didn't forbade the use of Red Fury with magic weapons. The Brets have sort of the same ability (Lance w autohit, Virtue giving extra attack for every wound caused) but there, to stop combos like that, it doesn't work with magical weapons. If it will work as you stated it's typical GW to increase the "power" of the newer armybooks/codices (as the same arms race can be seen in 40K, every new codice is "cooler" and more "powerful" than the one before making it a arms race....)

·
Registered
248 Posts
If it will work as you stated it's typical GW to increase the "power" of the newer armybooks/codices (as the same arms race can be seen in 40K, every new codice is "cooler" and more "powerful" than the one before making it a arms race....)
I keep hearing this, and while it was almost certainly true 2+ years ago I just dont agree anymore. The new Orc/Ork books are not over-powered, the new HE after all the ASF fuss aren't cheesy (I'd rather face that than SAD), Dark Angels don't make me run in terror.

On the opposite side current VC Necromancer lists, and Skaven SAD lists are some of the worst to play against and are from the oldest army books. The old Chaos Marine Iron Warriors could be disgusting.

It's far too early to say that VC have power creep or not, although I agree being able to stack so many attack buffs looks juicy I'm not going to condemn a rulebook for it just yet.

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
It's far too early to say that VC have power creep or not, although I agree being able to stack so many attack buffs looks juicy I'm not going to condemn a rulebook for it just yet.
I totally agree with both of your statements. Both about too early to see a power creep and it looked very juicy (and strange since they stopped the Brets from using it)

Maybe GW has shaped up lately? Well, only time will tell.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Im just glad it looks like we can customize the Vampire Lords the way we want, otherwise it could have been really difficult to choose, although i was swayed by Necrarchs:?but then again so many options can be hard to pick as well. I look forward to getting the new army book myself:p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.