Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have free time due to my lack of a job, I'm going to be giving time to running an LO Competition, but I want to know what you guys want to have to kick us of in what I hope to be a regular thing coming for LO.

If you have any ideas for other competions, or ideas on how to run this, I would love to hear them, hence the reason I haven't locked this

·
Registered
664 Posts
Didn't we try this a little while back and it failed? it would definately be cool, don't get me wrong, just seems hard to organize.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Scenery contest would be cool cept I'd get beaten by wolf raider. Aye put you might have troble getting people to participate. It would be really cool. And you could make little awards of paper on an art prgram and E-mail them to people. *imagine a cheap little pick of a mountain made of foam that has the colours outside the lines.*

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd think LO would at least fork out for a decent prize, or prizes for 1st and 2nd at least.
If they can't, don't worry, I'll make sure there'll be at least a prize for 1st place. A GW gift thingy or something.

And of course if no one enters, no one has a chance of winning ;)

Toastee

·
Registered
150 Posts
But if only one person enters each contest dosen't that mean that you would win. *sees himself entering all the contest and getting GW coupons.*

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No

If not enough people enter, then there won't really be much of a competition to take place.

But as I said, there will be at least a prize for 1st place

Though at the moment, this is basically just to see what kind of competition you people of LO want to take part in :)

Toastee

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would love to do some story writing, which is what I voted. However, I would prefer army bg/fluff but I skipped that before I hit vote. :(

Incidentally, when are you going to start the comp?

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hard to say, I mean I want peoples to be able to get votes in and to see if theres an interest.

I certainly hope there is, as it would be a fun thing to do. Somemore the members could take part in.

With any luck, when the next few weeks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Personally I would love a painting comp, it would be sweet but then again some people wouldn't be able to enter cuz they don't gots a digi camera, i.e. me

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Yeah... I have loads of minis that I'd like to share with others but I don't have a digi-cam or a scanner...

Still, I voted for painting because I love painting competitions, even when I don't take part in them...

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, thanks for the votes so far, please, by all means, keep them coming in and the interest strong =^__^=

But a couple more questions if you woundn't mind answering them
What prizes are you expecting and what prizes would you LIKE to see.

Thanks.

Toastee

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ehm...dunno and the world!!! But seriously, I really don't know what to expect (as ever on these forums :p) but I would like either minis or, preferably, vouchers/spending money at a miniature-related place of my choice.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hm, maybe for 1st place, an LO Tee and 20 bucks, 2nd an Lo Tee and ten bucks, and third an LO Tee ? or something simlar of the sorts... maybe a model for the respective army of choice (like a Chaos Dreadnaught or a Wraith Lord)
Though I think the LO Tee would be a good reward, and maybe a sig pic of a gold/silver/bronze metal and the competition and date.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would like a painting competition because im not much for writing up fluff and such but i think by the time this goes down ill have some nice models to enter into the competition.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well well well, thank to all those that have voted. It not quite closed YET, but I can say that Painting will be going ahead.

A dates and rules have yet to be set, but I can say, within the next month. As I now have a new job, and will have money to get prizes and such.

I'll keep you all informed :)

Toastee

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.