Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just kinda lazing around last night after a game of 40K and just outta the blue thought about converting my Space Marines into Dark Angels. I always liked the look of them and actually had intended on playing them when I started off (but I was too lazy). I don't think it would be THAT hard to convert and I was just wondering what the opinions towards DA are. Also, if anyone has any tips and help it would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I play against DA quite often and I find them damn annoying. My IG have yet to beat them outta 3-5 games. Their fearless and thats a huge advantage against the weak hearted IG. Use their special rules to your advantage.

·
Registered
144 Posts
there not fearless but they never flee. I think there a great army and i have been playing with them for about 6 months. There great at blowing other armys apart from distance and there also highly mobile if you use ravenwing. They do however unlike most armys like IG need to use tatics and cant just shell away with massive tanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i run DA and find them quite amusing at times, but when i play my friend who runs blood angels, getting assaulted by those damn death company is annoying... :blink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I'm probably going to make a subchapter of the Dark Angels. But the rules will still be the same of course. I just like making up my own background and stuff!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dark Angels are a great chapter for sub chapters. Thats because the three sub chapters that have already been made are the only ones that are known about however many other sub chapters are believed to have been made.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dark Angels have some fairly good rules going for them (Stubborn & Hunting the Fallen) and have a pretty cool gothic backround for their chapter. The only thing I'm not much of a fan of is their Allies rule. No heros of the Imperium allowed except in 'special' circumstances, and they wont fight in the same army that any non-humans may be fighting in. A shame but they are still a good army.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Originally posted by Tofudebeast@Jun 27 2003, 06:15
The only thing I'm not much of a fan of is their Allies rule. No heros of the Imperium allowed except in 'special' circumstances, and they wont fight in the same army that any non-humans may be fighting in. A shame but they are still a good army.
I think your wrong. I think that they have to be the best rules. They can still use inquisitors and grey knights but i think the rule have to be the best because it stops people making armys that dont fit in with the background of the army and it really captures the sprit of the army.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uh-oh, wasn't aware of that little rule. See, I ordered the Codex but it hasn't come in yet. So I would be unable to use a Vindicare Assassin?

·
Registered
461 Posts
raising old topic from the dead.... dun dun dun

no you can have allies only if you suspend hunting the fallen rule. Says in DH, and WH codex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts