Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*sighs. Another game, another couple of rules question. This first one is about Tank Shock. We were playing using the Rules of Engagement. I had a Power sword wielding commander and a power fist wielding Commissar sitting 3" away from the objective. I'd had the first turn and it was Turn 6. He realised that he probably wouldn't kill both of them in one shoot phase with a Hammerhead because of the cover my destroyed Russ had afforded. He Tank Shocked the remnants of my Command Squad with the Commissar answering the challenge. He couldn't harm the AV13 construct, but it has about 12" away, so it couldn't move any further.

The rules state that the remnants of the squad have to move out of the way or get squished. But that's about all it says. It doesn't say how you're supposed to get out of the way, or how far you move, or if it's affected by difficult terrain. Before you says it's trivial, this decided teh fate of the game. If my commander stepped to the side, I would have lost. If I was able to step backwards (directly away from the Hammerhead), I would have scraped a draw. We couldn't decide, so we diced for it. On a 1-3, it's a draw, on a 4-6, he wins a minor victory. It came up as a 3, so it was a tie.

This led to us being in serious doubt about the movement out the way, so if someone could clarify that, it would be great.

Cheers,
-AFG

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
It does specifically say how to get out of the way on p70. by the shortest possible distance. it would depend on where the model is relative to the center of the tank and how far over him it moved. He'll either come out on the front or the side depending on which results in less movement for the affected model. Difficult terrain has no bearing, as it only talks about the total displacement.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
As IA stated, it's the shortest route. Note, your unit would have to take a LD test (morale actually), even if it moves out of the way.

And as a clarification, had you wanted to Death or Glory, only models overrun may select to "hop in front of the tank" and try and stop it, which means if it was a rhino that had hit your unit, but not the powerfist toting dude (and no other models had a s5 gun or CC weapon) that you wouldn't be able to stop it with a death or glory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.