Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am currently a Brettonian player but I may be looking for a new WHFB army in the future and I've been eyeing VC lately, especially with there new army book and sweet looking minis coming out.

Anywho I want to do an army that is fairly zombie heavy. Can anyone tell me which blood line works best with this or if I should go just necromancers and what tactics are good for this type of army.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you wanna go for the zombies the necrarch bloodline is the best, because they can be powered up by bloodline powers and stuff that make them better at casting.They also get a basic +1 to cast wich is awsome
ps: they are coming out 8 march this year.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
It's best to wait for the new book. The separate bloodlines are being swept away, so while zombies will likely be viable, the methods used now for that sort of army may not work when the book is released.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
It's best to wait for the new book. The separate bloodlines are being swept away, so while zombies will likely be viable, the methods used now for that sort of army may not work when the book is released.
From the rumours that I have seen the kind of zombie spam that was present before won't really be viable with the new book.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
swn speaks the truth. Zombies are now T2 (apparently, not 100%) and cant overrun, making an all zombie army not as viable. This pretty much gutted me seeing as i have 440 :|.

However now i beleive the VC army is even more "teamwork" (combining units to win combats) based. The core infantry got worse, but the support units got better. However, im still sure that 24 skeletons+Vampire Count can take most things on in the game :):rofl8Y

·
Registered
189 Posts
Zombies are T2, and cannot overrun. They have dropped a couple of points however, and the new rules for raise the dead means I will be fielding one unit at least. They have lost the ability to accompany characters to battle however - you might need some skellies for that, but have become IMO the ultimate flanking unit, with vamps able to restore them in the magic phase they should hold up units for ages! My temptation would be 3 units of twenty to flank with and a solid core of skellies and wights if that is your style.
In short, wait for the new book to decide, you might be tempted by the cavalry too much!

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
The core infantry got worse, but the support units got better.
Vampire counts core infantry are zombies, skeletons and ghouls. Zombies got cheaper and now they will probably have a different role. The ghouls role has changed significantly, better or worse only play testing will tell. Skeletons who are the staple vampire counts core infantry and were good before, are now cheaper and can take a magical banner so they hardly got worse.

I think with the update the new core infantry if anything are now better than before and much more value points wise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
all i can say is that you shoulod prob wait but zombies will always be an integrall part of a vc army so youre safe getting a box or two.

zombies cant overrun anymore? man t-2 and no overrun? these guys better be under 6 points, fear isnt worth more than that coupled with those stats/rules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.