Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Horror

This contest is all about the most terrifying (or terrified) model you can think of.
Whether this is simply a twisted creature from the depths of of hell, or someone broken by their own imagination is up to you...

Closing date: Finished images must be posted by
23:59 (GMT) 1st March 2008

Contest Rules

People entering have one month in which to design, build and paint a model, or models, to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, there is no prize or anything, just the fun of it

1.) Models from any manufacturer as is allowed, as are scratch built models.

2.) There is one month to each project..

3.) Models painted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

4.) Pictures can be no wider than 700 pixels

5.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

6.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

7.) Voting. It is considered bad sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion with the most groundbreaking painting techniques.

And good luck to all!!

-t.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
I'll have a think about it, but like usual I'll probably put my effort into things for my army. I don't think any High Elves are terrifying!

Though, just a suggestion to people who do enter... who wants to make a model of Kuffy? ;)

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
I may give this one a shot, seems like a good topic 8Y.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leech, that certainly works for me, as it was where I stole the catchy title from...

Ancalagon, how about a Dragon? They would be pretty terrifying if they weren't on your side.

SWAT72, go for it. Seems like an interesting choice.

-t.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Ancalagon, how about a Dragon? They would be pretty terrifying if they weren't on your side.
That would be good if I hadn't just finished my dragon a couple of weeks ago. I'll see if I can think of anything terrifying that I might want to do. I will enter one of these contests eventually!

I like the topic even though I haven't thought of anything (yet). Some of these entries should be really good. :)

That reminds me, I'll have to post pics of my dragon sometime...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hmmm. How about maybe a Shadowseer? (I have a shadowseer sitting on my table right now, I need to buy a Jester anyway, but this is just right here.)

-J

Edit-- My Seer isn't going to be the bright fluffy one you see, my harlies, also my army, are themed on a more sinister look.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in. Does it have to be a single miniature or would a viginette be acceptable?
I have cunningly removed the rules restricting the number of models you may enter.
However, you are still restricted to 2, 700pix width images in which to show off your model/s, so you may want to bear that in mind.

-t.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.