Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Dark Eldar, though they do get some pretty nice CC units.
Tau. A gunline is pretty much the opposite of Chaos' close range then CC mess.

·
438 Posts
Could also try gunline guardsmen. Got a few more choices for variety in terms of what works. Plus you can paint them up to match your chaos and use them as "renegade" IG until such time as our dreams come true and we see an update to Lost and the Damned and the other legions :)

*edit* Also, IG recently got a codex update, so unlike Dark Eldar or Tau you don't have to worry about half your units changing so much you wouldn't want them anymore. At least, not until sometime after next edition.

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
I play chaos, nids, and space marines. If I were to do a 4th army, it would definitely be Eldar. They have a much newer codex than their dark brethren, and also are a different playstyle than chaos. Plus the models are beautiful.

My brother plays Tau, and as of 5th edition they are pretty much on the crap side. The new stealth rules really screwed over a lot of Tau units.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm firmly in the camp of the dark eldar. They have a cool playstyle and are fun to build and paint. Also to make good looking models its a lot of fun for conversion sake (the wyches are so aweful to look at).

·
Registered
127 Posts
I definitely vote Eldar. They are much more shooty and ALOT faster then Chaos or Orks. Plus, unlike Tau and Guard, they can still hold their own in Close Combat (yay super initiative). Additionally their models are very diverse and amazing looking.

Dark Eldar can be strong... but their codex is older then dirt and you pretty much have to order them online anymore. Plus all the rumors of them getting all new models...

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
I started my Tau army to contrast my chaos and it is a great army to play. I recently finished my eldar army and they play differently as well.

Either choice is a good contrast.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I play Chaos, IG, and Necrons. To really contrast almost every army out there, try Necrons. True they're old, and due for an update, but their playstyle is like no other army in the game.

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
I play Chaos, IG, and Necrons. To really contrast almost every army out there, try Necrons. True they're old, and due for an update, but their playstyle is like no other army in the game.
Lol because We'll Be Back is like no other special rule in the game.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Exactly! It's a lot different only half caring about having your stuff die because of the 50/50 they'll get back up except really starting to panic over S8+. Which gets even more interesting when you throw in the res orb and a nearby monolith. Statistically 75% of the stuff that dies will get back up no matter what they were killed with. And trading special/heavy weapons for the ability to eventually kill absolutely everything with enough shots from your troops makes for boring list writing, but really interesting games.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.