Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just think the Elysians bulpup style lasguns would work better as autoguns, plus I hate the fluff about their lasguns that says they only fire single shots. I wanna make my Elysians look ultra modern and the last step would be turning their lasguns to autoguns. Any ideas?

·
907 Posts
not knowing their fluff i find it unusual that a assault based army would have weapons that didn't rapid fire, as this type of force in real life would be armed with weapons that had a high cyclic rate of fire. hmm a bit of unrealistic fluff and rule making there.

but as for turnung their lasguns into autoguns if you extend the stock and have a flat barrel end, then this would effectively represent the autogun.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The idea is that the Elysians are supposed to be better trained marksmen, and so even with single-shots they get the equivilent number of hits that an IG regiment conducting a 'pray-and-spray' firefight will get.

Plus as a drop troops force, they need to conserve their ammunition, because they can expect to be cut off for a significant time before being resupplied.

·
The Uncivil Servent
900 Posts
Another option for converting would be to buy some Autoguns from mail order, admitadly this would make your Elysian drop troops horrendously expensive. But it could be worth it.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Mikhail The Heretic said:
Another option for converting would be to buy some Autoguns from mail order, admitadly this would make your Elysian drop troops horrendously expensive. But it could be worth it.
And then we are only talking about the autoguns :w00t:
I agree with Decado about converting to autoguns.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If the fluff is your primary objection to the models, the other (faster, better, and cheaper) alternative is simply writing new fluff for your drop army :D

I agree that it's incredibly lame fluff for the Elysians, and not representative of what the army's weapon testing has found about effective rates of fire. However, because the game mechanics don't differentiate between short burst fire or single aimed shots, because it's easier to change the fluff than the kits, and because the Elysian lasguns look pretty cool, I'd personally rewrite before I resculpted.

Also, the "conserve ammo" thing sounds like a big load to me. Other fluff describes how lasgun clips recharge in sunlight or in a campfire. Unless they're in a constant firefight, Guardsmen don't need a resupply to get fresh magazines.

·
948 Posts
Hell, you could probably shoot a lasgun clip with another lasgun to recharge it.

As for converting, I don't think it's worth it. The weapons look pretty cool as they are, and convering Forge World is just WRONG.

Reactions: Catachan Devil

·
907 Posts
whilst i don't agree with the converting forge world models idea.

there is one point that must be made, if you decide to pin this model then plese please wear a dust mask as the resin once it is breathed in won't ever come back out, and is potentially long term dangerous to your health.

so once again please wear a dust mask at the very least and if you can do it outside even better and stand upwind of the model let the wind carry the dust away from you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I don't want a heavy conversion, maybe I'll just flatten the barrel, but I also want to add an ejection port for shell casings.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you don't like the Bullpup style Lasguns then perhaps you would be better off buying a few sets of Autoguns. I know that they are available for purchase for Necromunda armies. They come on small sprues with other weapons such as shotguns.

Then you can mail the excess Elysian Lasguns to me because I love them just the way they are. (Y)

Worlds Collide

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worlds Collide said:
If you don't like the Bullpup style Lasguns then perhaps you would be better off buying a few sets of Autoguns. I know that they are available for purchase for Necromunda armies. They come on small sprues with other weapons such as shotguns.

Then you can mail the excess Elysian Lasguns to me because I love them just the way they are. (Y)

Worlds Collide
I said I LIKED the Bullpup style gun! I just want to make a few additions to it to turn it into an autogun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts