Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
i was just wondering if anyone had made their own snipers, and if so do they have any pics to share? to get the ball rolling iv *hopefully* included a picture of my first sniper, i made him using cadian torso, legs and arms, with a sniper rifle i made using two lasguns and sprue, and a wood elf hooded head..and lots of green (err.. in my case yellow) stuff..

the pictures arent the best, ill try to take some better ones..

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
They look pretty cool. I like the look of the sniper rifle with the huge supressor-like thingy on the end.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yeah, looks nice. The legs look....strange.....But the sinper rifle looks great!
I made a Catachan sniper once, unfortanly I dont have a pic. I made the long las by using the sight off the heavy weapon teams, and extened the barrel by cutting the end off another lasgun...Looked alright..:yes:

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
I've converted myself a cadian sniper, it was a pretty simple job really, I added an SM scope and a longer barrel (and transparent comlink aerial), but what really finishes it off is the camo scheme I did.
*LINK THING* (very wide pic)
I don't know why I've never posted it before, but I'll take some better pics of it tomorrow and see about getting it posted as soon as

·
Registered
788 Posts
mpdscott that is awesome, love the paint job...
Shanos, the legs do look a bit wierd but everything else looks great... post pics when it is painted:yes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yer i know the legs need a bit more work.. i tried to make it look like he was resting up against that piece of "wall"; (its actually some random bit from the leman russ sprue that i didnt use :wacko: ) but the back archs on a funny angle and so it doesnt quite look right. Eh ive changed it a bit, at the moment im working on a second sniper, ill post pics up of them together either once their made, or once their painted..

oh yeah and mpdscott, i love your rifle, thats a SM scope your using on it? ill have to look into getting some of them, im using on of the single-eyed binocular thingos for my scope.. and i secretly hate it :ninja:

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
The legs are a bit strange, as mentioned, also, I think the suppressor is slightly misaligned with the rest of the gun. But otherwise, very nice.

You know there are metal sniper models though, right. ;)

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
I don't think I will be posting new pics of the sniper, you wouldn't believe how much trouble the camera has auto-focusing on it :( and since the camer doesn't have a manual focus, I can't do anything to help it. I spose that's the whole point of the camo though isn't it :shifty:

-EDIT- managed a couple of "better" pics of the sniper

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heh thought id post up some more recent pics of my snipers.. iv got 3 modelled so far.. well almost, one of them (the standing one) needs a 'supressor' added to his gun, and the one on the far left is only half painted..

iv got a close up of the centre guy.. though ill point out that I HATE THAT DAMN BARREL hes hiding behind.. im still deciding whether to remove it and patch that damn seem line.. part of me wants to but the other part is more interested in finishing the other 2 and building a couple more..

he (like the first) has a wood elf head.. its off a pewter figure and it was a mongrel to cut off the original and put onto the sniper..

·
Registered
788 Posts
mpd, those guys are awesome!:w00t:
Graet work Shanos, can't wait to see the other two finished! I wouldn't worry too much about the barrel. Speaking of barrels, on your rifle mabe you can drill a hole or put a black spot at the end of the barrel. But great otherwise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts