Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my big "to do" list, i have to make zealots!
Already bought 20 plastics militia from W. battle

Now i plan to equid them with 40k weapons, religious symbols and convert some to monk style with green stuff.

Any help and ideas are welcome!

· Registered
2,291 Posts
okay first this should be in the necromunda forum and second there are already perfectly good zealot models that don't need converting in the form of repentia as who in their right mind equips them with anythin other than the eviserator.

· Registered
65 Posts
I'd say go through all the Codeces, the rule books... any GW material you can lay hands on, arm yourself with a pad of sticky notes, flip through and look at all the art work... especially those big, two-page spreads. Really look in every nook and cranny... there's lots of characterful pictures all throughout many of the books to give you some ideas for conversions, and for the overall "feel" of what humanity has become in the year 40,000...

The Grail Pilgrims from the Brettonian range have some great models to use as conversion bases, and definitely get some plastic Brettonian sprues as well... especially the Command... lots of great bits, complete with fleurs-de lys. I'd also have plenty of guitar string and fishing line of different guages on hand... it seems each and every person has some wild tubing coming from somewhere in their body.

Necromunda weapon packs are a good source for slug-thrower-type pistols and such.

I'd get some Cadians and/or Catachans as well, to mix and match with the militia bits, or if you have money to burn, some of the new Cadian IG upgrade packs from Forge World.

Don't forget to search through the Inquisitor range as well... lots of books, icons, seals, parchments - even some of the weapons - will work, even though it is in a "different" scale.

Still got sticky notes left? Paw through those big "phone book" catalogs as well - every page - and mark pages that have interesting bits. In the different game systems, you'll find all manner of useful pieces - candles, books, lamps, tools, weapons, chains, torches...

But I think the start is to get that inspiration for the Gothic Horror/Cyberpunk look that the "civilians" have in a lot of the art. Even just the Sisters Dex has several great pages with insane amounts of detail.

· Registered
2,291 Posts
why should I post this in necromunda forum
cus zealots are the standard hireon for the redemptionists warband are they not ?

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
2,291 Posts
sorry disregard my posts but can ya tell me which wd had this unit in it cus i havna seen it before

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.