Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i'm a new lizardmen player, i have about 1200 points right now but i'm looking to expand so here is an idea of where i'm hoping to go. please bring on suggestions for changes or improvements, also feel free to express your confidences...;) here goes for the 2000 point list...the units marked with an asterisk (*) are models i already have.

1 Saurus Scar-veteran* with shield, light armor, great weapon, blessed mark of the old ones, blessed spawning of quetzl- 143

1 Skink Priest: level 2 wizard, scout, blessed spawning of quetzl- 125
1 Skink Priest: level 2 wizard, scout, blessed spawning of quetzl- 125

1 Saurus Block (20)* blessed spawning of quetzl- 270
1 Saurus Block (20)* blessed spawning of quetzl- 270

1 Skink Skirmishers*(12): blowpipes- 72
1 Skink Skirmishers*(12): blowpipes- 72
1 Skink Skirmishers (12): blowpipes- 72
1 Skink Skirmishers (12): blowpipes- 72

1 Saurus Cold One Riders*(8)- 280

1 Terradon Squad (3)- 105

Kroxigors (3)- 174

1 Chameleon Skink Squad (6)- 90

1 Stegadon*:ith Sun Standard of Chotec- 275

1 Salamander Hunting Pack (3)- 195

Total: 2012

As you can see i love the blessed spawning of quetzl, that +1 armor save could prove invaluable. I know i'm a dozen points over but the people i play with don't care. I think this list not only emmits coolness but could also be very effective against most lists. But, I am new to warhammer fantasy (i play 40k) so i could be dreaming, feel free to tear this list apart, constructive criticism is always welcome. o, i don't know anything about the rules of fantasy so please include tactics suggestions as well, thanks.

·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops

that's actually 2338 points, without the redundant shield upgrade for my scar-vet, yeah, i suck at math. anyway, please include suggestions for exclusions for the 2000 point list, or additions for a 2500 point list, sorry, thanks again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
either make some skinks into scouts or drop some. and if you do make them into scouts then I'd drop the chameleons.

I'd also drop both priests back to lvl 1, because they won't get much magic off anyway.

what are you going to use the blessed mark for? rerolling hits? not worth it if you ask me.

drop both blocks of saurus back to 16, add one unit of 10, without the bs, to flank (IMO, not a neccessary change)

other than that, looks good!

·
Registered
167 Posts
if ur going for a sacred host of quetzl i think you need to put somn on the skinks too. off the top of my head i think its +5 pnts per unit of skirmishers. Just go and look at the important links place in the normal lizardmen forum, there is one there for sacred host rules.

if this isnt what you were going for then you have too many special units because the saurus become special when they get the mark of quetzl.

also cut the blessed mark of the old ones, it sux. too many points for not doing much.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
As Salamander said, you've used 6 out of 4 Special choices. And if you want a SH of Quetzl, the Skinks need it too. Indeed for 5 pts/unit.

And Stegadons don't get magical banners.

Apart from the legality thing, you've still got some work to do. Apparently you want it all, but you'll have to start making choices as to what you want if you wish it to fit in 2000 points. What direction do you want to take your army? What style do you want to play? Are there specific models/units you like so much you want to include them whatever the cost?

Finally, you said you don't know the rules. You have the WHFB and Lizardmen rulebooks? It's recommended.

Tai'shar

·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
new and improved...

1 Saurus Scar-veteran with light armor, great weapon, shield, b.s. of quetzl- 108

1 Skink Priest, cloak of feathers- 95

2 Saurus Blocks (20)- (with musician & standard bearer)-514

1 Skink Skirmishers (18), shields and javelins- 108
2 Skink Skirmishers (10), blowpipes- 120
1 Skink Scouts (10), blowpipes- 70

1 Saurus Cavalry (8)- 280

3 Kroxigors- 174

3 Terradons- 105

1 Stegadon- 235

3 Salamander Hunting Packs- 195

Total: 2004

So, this list has some definite possibilities. It's versatile, which is quite an understatement because within this list is the power to adapt and conquer almost any enemy, or so I believe. I plan on using the Saurus blocks 4 ranks deep, 5 in each rank, I have a musician and standard bearer in each, but I'm not sure where to place those within the ranks. I will have the largest skink unit as a screen for this monstrosity, with my Kroxigors marching just behind the formation to loosen up the enemy before the Saurus hit. I am contemplating attaching the scar vet to a number of places; either one of the Saurus blocks, or atop the stegdon for the added ld (this would make it an even more enormous target than it already is...) I will march the Stegadon up one flank, with one of the size 10 skink screens in front of it to at least protect it from hth, obviously not shooting. on the opposite flank, my CoR and behind them, the other 10 strong skink unit. my terradons will go siege machine hunting, and my skink scouts will be supported by my skink priest with the cloak of feathers. I think this is a very solid list with a little of everything. It should be fun to play and fairly effective, and most important of all, cool!

·
Registered
482 Posts
This is very similar to my list, only problem is you have basically no magic protection...also how many SCoR do you have? It appears as a face rather than a number...it's the same with the skinks...Other than magic protection I would say it is a fairly solid list. Good job.

·
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as for the faces...

the faces are 8's bc when you put an 8 next to a backwards parenthesis the comp interprets that as your attempt to make a smiley with sunglasses, so its 18 skinks in the screen, and 8 CoR. as for the magic protection, yea i know i'm a little short, but my opponents are bretonnia (no magic) and dwarfs, who have runes and stuff but other than that have very little offensive magic. i am going to be facing a high elves player in the distant future, like summer time, so then perhaps i will need to make some adjustment, but until then it seems pretty solid to me. thanks for all yuor comments!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts