Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a huge roll of cork board recently for a diorama I was making, as it was the smallest amount I could get hold of.It only cost like£4.I have loads of the stuff left over and I havent a clue what to make with the rest of it.Im looking for some ideas for bases, dioramas, scenery and the like.Thanks in advance.

Tygra

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hmmm...that would be pretty tough since cork board isn't very easy to cut and shape. You might be able to create some good looking rock formations and the like. I cant really think of anything else you would realistically be able to use it for.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok, I'm a bit confused now...
A roll of cork board!?!?!?!?

When I imagine cork I see a fairly soft piece of wood used for hanging paper notices on.
I'm not gonna say that this is what you have, but if possible could you come with a little more explanation?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cork is used for message boards aswell ,in the form of a sheet of cork quite thick in a wooden frame.

I have a sheet of cork which has been rolled up.Its about 90x60x1.5.So its quite thin.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
The only thing I can think of is to break it up into tiny bits and use it as rubble or gravel on hills or ruins. I don't think there's much else you can do with a thin sheet of cork!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cut out some varied sizes and make some cool rock formations like craters or just save it until you need it for another project:yes:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tzeentch Lord said:
The only thing I can think of is to break it up into tiny bits and use it as rubble or gravel on hills or ruins. I don't think there's much else you can do with a thin sheet of cork!

Well, I know it's on a smaller scale, but I used cork heat mats (5mm thick or so) to make this base...

The wire is just clipped paperclips. Be careful, they go through your thumb easier than the cork :cry:

RoV

·
Registered
171 Posts
You are sure right about paperclips and thumbs :cry: that is a really nice base and mini too I believe on the Terragenesis site there is an article on making building from cork

1 - 8 of 8 Posts