Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Lootas and Burnas assembly kit, you get a choice Lootas or Burnas. Well there is a cost effective way to make both without buying two kits. What I did is I got the Lootas and Burnas kit then I bought a pack of four Slugga Boyz for 8$. I used the bodies and legs that came with the Lootas and Burnas kit to make Lootas and I'm in the process of converting the Slugga Boyz into Burnas. The conversion of Slugga Boyz into Burnas is not easy, so here is what you will need. A file, glue, (I used Krazy Glue) and a knife (I used a jagged knife and a non-jagged knife, but for sawing off the models limbs use a jagged knife). File the shoulders of the Slugga Boy where it is flat, this helps you put on the gas tank. Then file the places where the arms go till they are nice and smooth, stick on the head gule the burnas arms, tank, and chains on then place the model on the base and youre done. REply to me if you have problems.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just bought 2 boxes of Lootas/Burnas, and 1 box of normal boys. You can assemble 10 burnas, 10 lootas, and 1 nob with PK (Always good). This works out really well since who would want to bring a unit of 5 burnas/lootas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
4 not 5

The lootas and burnas box set only has 4 deffguns and 4 burnas not 5. Unless it's changed since I bought the box set...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Or you can take a few of the bog-standard Boyz from the Assault On Black reach box set to the Dokz serjery', and gear 'em up with whatever tickles your fancy. ^^ And yes, there's only four Burnaz, four Deffgunz & a Mek boy. I wouldn't worry about that, I just use them as Lootaz. Games Workshop squeezing the pennies. Honestly, who replaces 48" D3 S7 AP4 gunz for a 24" gun almost as likely to toast your Mek as it is it hit anything.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Actually, if you have the FOC slots available, 2 groups of 5 lootas works better than 1 group of 10. Statistically more consistant, capable of firing at two units, 4 wounds before you run the risk of them all running away instead of 3, can move half and shoot with half, better table coverage. Only weakness is no Mob Rule Ld bonus, and the extra FOC slot. Now, if you have 11 or more lootas, it's best to run them in one group.

And of course, if you have 45 lootas, you can model them with Tau weapons to prove the point :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The lootas and burnas box set only has 4 deffguns and 4 burnas not 5. Unless it's changed since I bought the box set...
I put a mek with a Big shoota for the Loota squad and then cdid a conversion from a Rokkit Launcha to a Burna
----------
Actually, if you have the FOC slots available, 2 groups of 5 lootas works better than 1 group of 10. Statistically more consistant, capable of firing at two units, 4 wounds before you run the risk of them all running away instead of 3, can move half and shoot with half, better table coverage. Only weakness is no Mob Rule Ld bonus, and the extra FOC slot. Now, if you have 11 or more lootas, it's best to run them in one group.

And of course, if you have 45 lootas, you can model them with Tau weapons to prove the point :p
Good idea aobut tau weapons, but then some people mght mistake them for flash gitz.

·
Registered
137 Posts

True, but I tend to play larger games, so I never have FOC slots open. :) I enjoy bringing my lots of nobz.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But that toasty weapon is Str 8 AP 2, it's loads of fun! Bring along a grot oiler to make sure he doesn't overheat too.
But grot oiler dont help the heating let the mek re-roll a failed Mek Tools test on vehicle. But dont you have to roll a 1 to get toasted by the Kustom Mega Blasta?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.