Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I had a discussion regarding jump infantry and terrain (difficult).I pointed to the fact that 'if' you use your jump pack then yes it's difficult, but you can move as ordinary infantry. Due to the wording however, he says that you always have to take a dangerous test with jump packs on, even if you only move normally. However, and I think this proves me right, is that you assault through terrain normally. So please guys, who is right?Him - always difficult terrain is dangerous for jump infantryme - only dangerous if you move >6" owing to having to land.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Jump infantry may opt to move as infantry. Infantry do not take dangerous terrain tests in difficult terrain. QED.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
The wording doesn't even give the slightest inclination that you'd take the DT tests when moving as infantry. The part that mentions the DT tests is added as a qualification onto the part about using the jump packs to move. "You can do X however you take Y." If you choose not to do X - the jump movement is totally voluntary - you don't take Y.

Your friend is a git, is what I'm getting at.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
...yes. Sort of. Because his movement is only 6", he only has to take a test if
a) he leaps over impassable terrain or
b) doesn't make a move through cover roll when err, moving through cover

Otherwise he could just say he is walking, although he'll have to take one if he moves in the assault phase.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Thnks guys, so that applies to his Tau as well?
"Jetpack" moves in the Assault phase are treated as jump infantry movement and are subject to the disadvantages entailed, namely dangerous terrain tests. Your friend can technically claim that he's walking in the Movement phase (though he doesn't get to jump over models and impassable terrain) and avoid DT tests, but the assault phase movement still causes one.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I think that may be where he's getting confused then... He treats all jump infantry the same way.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Don't forget that if a jump infantry chooses to move as regular infantry to avoid the DT tests, his movement is still restricted by difficult terrain, meaning he has to roll to see how far he moves.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Thanks, I think that may be where he's getting confused then... He treats all jump infantry the same way.
Has he been moving his jetpack models 12'' in the movement phase?

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Not that I can remember, it's just he said that he has to take the test every time he moves through difficult terrain with his jump infantry and that it's a pain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts