Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like some item bellowing to your Primarch? Or perhaps crafted by your Primarch (Ferrus Manus in this case)?

I was thinking it would be cool to have some revered artifact that links the Chapter back to their Primarch.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Absolutely. The big-name weapons of the primarchs are generally taken, but I'd be surprised if Russ or The Khan only had one sword lying around.

As for Manus, the dude was a freaking smith, I'm sure he has dozens of hand-made powerswords laying around in crates all over.

You could also keep in mind that, connections with the primarch aside, many relic weapons belonged to revered captains of the Legion as well.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
The Black Swords used by the Templars are supposedly Heresy relics. The Soul Drinkers, from the novels by Ben Counter, are searching after an artifact called the Soulspear supposedly owned by Dorn.

It works like this. Captain Bob of the, say, Ultramarines, survives the Heresy. He owns the Fantastical Rainbow Blade of Macragge, which he got from the previous Captain on his death. Gulliman splits his Ultramarines up into dozens of smaller chapters, and Captain Bob is made Chapter Master of a new chapter, the Supermarines. And he takes his Fantastical Rainbow Blade of Macragge with him. When Chapter Master Bob dies, it gets given to the next Chapter Master of the Supermarines, and ten thousand years later, boom. Insta-relic.

If you want a more recent Chapter to have the Fantastical Rainbow Blade, then say that one day the Supermarines are told to donate geneseed to the construction of the successor chapter, the...Awesomemarines. Chapter Master Joe of the Supermarines names Captain Jerry the new Chapter Master of the Awesomemarines, and as a present, good-luck charm, whatever, he gives Chapter Master Jerry the Fantastical Rainbow Blade of Macragge. And so on, and so on, for as long as you want.

·
LO Zealot
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats pretty much how I expected it to go. I was just more wondering if its the kind of thing people should avoid o0r not when making a Chapter. But at this point I'm thinking less avoid and more like expected to have :p

·
2,076 Posts
you could always go for the 'found a long lost relic weapon on a deserted moon and held on to it as it turns out the primarch owned it' angle to..

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
You should avoid giving weapons that were already handed out, or weapons that try to claim that they were more important that the existing canon would like.

BTW thanks for asking instead of going ahead and telling us that your Captain has the personal go-to weapon of one of the Primarchs. Most people aren't so considerate.

I would assume that the Primarchs have multiple weapons (such as Dorn), made multiple weapons (such as Ferrus Manus or Vulkan), or simply were given weapons as a gift that while the never used. they technically owned them and could be said to be "their"' weapon.

Out of curiosity, what type or weapon are we talking and whose geneseed?

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
I can certainly see any Primarchs who were friends with Ferrus having at least one weapon as a gift from him, aside from any xenos trophies or pre-Strife relics found on the crusade.

Case in point both the Imperial and Crimson Fist Chapter Masters have weapons that used to be owned by Dorn, and there's probably more in storage that remain unused for whatever reason.

·
LO Zealot
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out of curiosity, what type or weapon are we talking and whose geneseed?
No specific weapon in mind. In all actuality this all came about because I was thinking of the fight that Ferrus Manus had with the great silver wyrm Asirnoth, and how cool a model of Asirnoth would be, then it came to mind that it could be a statue for the Chapter, which soon led me to thinking of "what if Manus made it". The whole idea was nixed on the manus constructing it side of things, as I doubt the Iron Hands would be handing a massive statue of the beast slain by their Primarch over to some other chapter, but that got me to thinking of Chapter Relics, hence this topic.

I like to check on these things before letting my mind go wandering, well whenever possible. And the geneseed is Manus's.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I can certainly see any Primarchs who were friends with Ferrus having at least one weapon as a gift from him, aside from any xenos trophies or pre-Strife relics found on the crusade.

Case in point both the Imperial and Crimson Fist Chapter Masters have weapons that used to be owned by Dorn, and there's probably more in storage that remain unused for whatever reason.
What no mention of the Black Templars and their Sword of the High Marshals?

Also you could say that your chapter has the weapon used by a Primarach before they were reunited with the Emperor and the Space Marines. At which point they would have discarded their old weapons and were given a shiny new powered stick by the emperor.

The Emperor Protects

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.