554pts
Mannfred Von Carstein (G)
Special Character
Barded Nightmare

[HR][/HR] Heroes
164pts
Wight King
Character
Nightshroud, Dragonbane Gem, Ironcurse Icon, Skeletal Steed, Barding, Lance, shield

154pts
Wight King
Character
BSB (Banner of Swiftness), Shield, Skeletal Steed, barding, lance

120pts
Necromancer
Character
Dispel Scroll, Level 2

XXpts
Necromancer
Character

[HR][/HR] Minimum Core
XXpts

Dire Wolves
War Beasts x5
None

XXpts

Zombies
Infantry x30
None

XXXpts

Ghouls
Infantry x35
None

170pts
Skleletons
Infantry x28
Full Command

[HR][/HR] Other Core [HR][/HR] Special
392pts
Black Knights
Cavalry x12
Full Command, Banner of the Barrows, barding, lances

[HR][/HR] Rare
XXXpts
Varghulf
Monster x1

XXXpts
Terrorgheist
Monster x1

[HR][/HR] Summary
Lords: 22.16% » 554pts
Heroes: 20.12% » 503pts
Minimum Core: 25% » 650pts
Other Core: 0% » 0pts
Special: 15.68% » 392pts
Rare: 16% » 400pts

Static Power Dice: 0
Average Power Dice: 7
Static Dispel Dice: 0
Average Dispel Dice: 7

Points Total: 80.76% » 2499pts
Target: 2500pts
Difference: -0.04% » -1pts

[HR][/HR]

So I've been playing a bit recently, and I've redone my 2500 point list, again. I'm basically thinking of sticking with something like this, unless my opponent doesn't like Special Characters, then I have a Vamp I can swap Manny out with that costs 525 points, and I'd add a musician, and 4 more skeletons, and that rounds everything out at 2500.

My plan of attack was pretty simple.

Park Manny in the BK bus, in the second rank, and pop that in the middle of my deployment. Both Necro's go in the zombie bunker, behind the lines, until I can get a raise dead off, then I'll shift one of them over.

Skeletons and ghouls will go a block either side of the BK's, and the Terrorgheist and Varghulf will be positioned wherever is needed to hit any rangers/warmachines.

The wolves vanguard, and hopefully charge something, whilst everything else moves up. Assuming good winds, Manny will cast Raise Dead to allow the Necro to jump across (also assuming there's no war machine risk, if there is, it'll wait) and then cast IoN, raising up the wolf numbers, as well as both the Zombies.

After that it seems like a standard Vampire Counts list. Just keep manny in the second rank, casting off spells whilst the Wights and Knights charge in, hopefully supported by a Varghulf flank if needed.

If my BK's got tarpitted by say, Zombies, Slaves, etc. I'd throw a surprise at them, and simply move Manny to the front rank, replacing the musician, and start getting kills on the squishy unit, and jumping up my available magic dice, with very little risk back to me. Even if something did jump out, the Nightshroud is there to help get rid of it before it hurts Manny. And if everything goes to shit mid-late, at least there's two backup casters to keep me from crumbling while I run around some more...

If I could change anything, I'd possibly put another unit of Wolves in, but honestly so far, one's done good whilst another has just always kinda been shot out or something, so I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Love manny not his cost and lack of protection. I think your skeleton unit is a bit small but like your plan for wolves though I would maximise this and have 2 units of wolves and 2 units of 2 fell bats to hit any war machines couple of casts sees you with 2 15 wolf units and 2 7 fell bat units I have done this tactic many times :) give it a few games see how it does I would also have a go with a kitted level 4 vamp and 2 level 2 necros that will give you 5 of the 6 spells. Keep us updated I think manny is a tool box don't forget soul blight that's an awesome spell even your skeletons might get some kills

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah his lack of protection is annoying. I find his cost to be pretty fair though - He has level 4, two Lore Master lores, a kick-ass sword that than effectively shut down an opponents magic phase, and boost yours (assuming you get against the right unit) plus 110 (i think) points of Vampiric powers! I just want a ward save, is that so much to ask?

Still, putting him on a barded mount gives him 3+, and in the second rank I reckon he'd be pretty safe.

I wanted Fell Bats, but the lack of cheap GW models kinda put me off to be honest. I'd want to pick up 20 for a decent price, and I don't see that being possible. Short of converting some Tyranid Gargoyles...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Actually converting gargoyles isn't such a bad idea yeah in second rank but then you don't really use his sword :( yeah I say it's fair just lol. Ward would be good though. Also with death spells you can generate more dice :D.

I like it its different and if you can make it work it will be devastating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts