Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. O unit charges X unit (A is a friendly unit of X), what happenes then? I know this is a basic situation, but i got confused.. :?

OOOO

AAAA

XXXXX

2. Do the Pegaus Knights have 360 line of sight?

3. Can a large target ( Giant ) see over terrain features? Like a forest.

4. The spell Pestilence from the Nurgle's lore can only be dispell,when it is cast. Am I right?

5. All chars are deployed at the same time, like war machines?

Thnx for your time.

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
1. What are the A's?

2. I believe they are skirmishers, so yes.

3. Common sense. A giant can see over hedges, some hills, etc. But not over woods, houses and walls.

4. Is it a remains in play spell? In this case you may dispel it with your dispel dice when he casts it, or with your power dice in your magic phase.

5. No. Characters are deployed at the same time but taking turns as with other units.

Hope it helped.:happy:

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
4. The spell Pestilence from the Nurgle's lore can only be dispell,when it is cast. Am I right?
The spell description is actually really ambiguous... May need Rork here, but although it isnt a RiP spell exactly, it does state that it remains in effect until dispelled. Hence as it is a spell in play, it may be dispelled by your opponant in subsequent magic phases by rolling equal of higher than the base casting value for the spell.
I think the only difference is that the caster may cast another spell, be slain etcetc, and the Pestilence spell wont end as with other RiP spells.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
The spell description is actually really ambiguous... May need Rork here, but although it isnt a RiP spell exactly, it does state that it remains in effect until dispelled. Hence as it is a spell in play, it may be dispelled by your opponant in subsequent magic phases by rolling equal of higher than the base casting value for the spell.
I think the only difference is that the caster may cast another spell, be slain etcetc, and the Pestilence spell wont end as with other RiP spells.
Exactly. Pestilence can be dispelled later, but doesn't stop the caster using another spell later on.

It is exceptionally badly worded.

·
575 Posts
Exactly. Pestilence can be dispelled later, but doesn't stop the caster using another spell later on.
Yep. I think those people tend to confuse it with the Rod of Corruption which does a similar bound spell and thoughtlessly they transfer the undispellability (what a word 0: ) in consecutive rounds from there to the regular spell :?

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Page 67 of the BRB, firing against skirmishers who are US 1 suffers a -1 to hit.

And Pegasi are flying cav, just like warhawks. They are US 2 and even though they move as skirmishers on the ground, they are not -1 to be fired at.

Something like a fell bat that's still US 1 would be a skirmiser for shooting purposes.

Hmm, I think I just repeated everything you all said.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Thnx. So what about the first situation?
Your example is too vague. The rules are clear on charging and LoS, so just follow them as the rulebook lays out.

6. Does the Pit of Shades work on the STANK?
No, since PoS does not have a strength value (even though the tank fails all I tests).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll try again then. The enemy wants to charge my Chaos knights,which they can barely see becouse my Chaos hounds are screening them. So I declare a Hold! with my knights ,what then?
Is the charge redirected at the hounds?If it is can they declare a flee reaction? If they can what then..?

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
It is up to the charging player to either declare a new charge on the hounds or choose to stop 1" short of the hounds. If a new charge is declared the hounds get to declare a reaction as normal.

note you have to apply the Errata to the rulebook to get to that conclusion. Otherwise there isn't really an answer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thnx you all :)

Edit:

Oh I forgot to check one more thing.

X - Frenzied knights
x - a friendly unit of knights (screen)
E - Enemy unit

EEEEEE

xxxx
XXXXX

Since the knights are frenzied they must declare a charge and ofcoure they fail it,cuz theres nowhere to move, and in addition they can't move in the remaining moves phase,becouse they charged. Am I right?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was reading the Errata again ,and found stuff about redirecting the charge ("enemy in the way")..but I read a lot of posts and topics that theres no longer redirecting in 7th edition. So how is it? :|

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Basically you now follow in the direction which the enemy unit flees from you, and if there is another unit within that path then you are allowed to declare a charge against them.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
You may "redirect" the target of your charge by declaring against another enemy unit that happens to be in your way. You may not "redirect" your charge in the more literal sense of actually changing the direction the chargers are moving in.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
You may "redirect" the target of your charge by declaring against another enemy unit that happens to be in your way. You may not "redirect" your charge in the more literal sense of actually changing the direction the chargers are moving in.
Right.

Situation 1:
You charge, charged unit flees, you can use Enemy in the Way. You have to hit a new unit as you charge towards the fleeing unit.

Situation 2:
You're in combat, unit breaks, you pursue, go straight after fleeing unit, hit another unit directly in the path.

The errata article explains that in Situation 1, you can declare a new charge for Enemy in the Way even if the new Enemy Unit in the way was not in your original charge arc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.