Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alrite, first off, I'm new to Orks, and 40k in general. So bear with me, as these may seem like stupid questions.

First: Deff Dreads. If I have two Big Mek HQs, can I take 2 Deff Dreads as Troops Choices? It says that they come equipped with two dreadnaught close combat weapons. Now, what if you take 2 more in the compulsory selection for the dreadnaught? Do I get 5 attacks? Also, if I take, say, 2 Kustom Mega-Blastas, how does the "Gets Hot!" Rule affect vehicles? I don't have my rulebook on me, but I recall that the the rule wounded a the unit using the gun on a certain roll - I'll have to look it up when I get back home. Also, would those 2 guns be in addition to the 2 CC weapons that the Dread already gets?

I saw a really cool conversion of a looted SM dreadnaught into a more "orky" one...could I do the same and say it "counts as" a deff dread?

Next: Battlewagons - same as the last question. I saw that there wasn't a "Battlewagon" Kit from GW, so I was thinking, what if my particular warband loved jacking vehicles from the enemy, and somehow got their hands on a Necron Monolith... It works surprising well game-wise, if given the 'ard top and Killkannon, put on some tracks, and to justify the lower armor values on the sides and back (which would be the old front, as the lith would be driven "backwards") but having big holes for access points in the sides... etc. Is this feasible? Would most of my opponents (or you guys) allow it? Would a tournament allow it?

And a more rules-based question on the Battlewagon - can I put burna boyz and a Big Mek in one?

Thanks for reading this far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Deff Dreads. If I have two Big Mek HQs, can I take 2 Deff Dreads as Troops Choices?
I would say yes.. A Big mech allows you to take 1 dread.. so 2 mechs should allow you to take 2...

It says that they come equipped with two dreadnaught close combat weapons. Now, what if you take 2 more in the compulsory selection for the dreadnaught? Do I get 5 attacks?
Yes

Also, if I take, say, 2 Kustom Mega-Blastas, how does the "Gets Hot!" Rule affect vehicles?
"Weapons on vehicles are not affected by overheating" ... so nothing.

Also, would those 2 guns be in addition to the 2 CC weapons that the Dread already gets?
A deff dread has four weapons, two of which are Close Combat weapons. You MUST chose two more from the list in the codex, for a total of four.

I saw a really cool conversion of a looted SM dreadnaught into a more "orky" one...could I do the same and say it "counts as" a deff dread?
Yes, as long as it looks orky and has four weapons.

And a more rules-based question on the Battlewagon - can I put burna boyz and a Big Mek in one?
Yes as long as the Mek is attached to the unit of burnas, and the total umber of boys does not exceed the capacity of the Battlewagon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sweet, thanks a lot slimez. One (hopefully) last question, could I convert Sentinels into Killa Kanz, or are they too different in size? (I wouldn't know)

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
Thrust me, as far as conversion are concerned anything goes with orks, I've seen people make killa kanz from sentinels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts