Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I had a question on cover saves and I. If you use a template weapon on a troop in cover, they lose their cover save.
If you use a grenade in the Assault phase with a troop in cover they lose their effective strike first rule.

Play test this, if you use a template weapon (Not blast weapon) in the shooting phase against units in cover ,they have to make regular armor saves, but they also lose the I 10 for the assault phase. The cover the troops were in after the template is in no condition to provide cover( flame to trees, acid to metal, etc.) Also troops are trying to put out or get away from such harmful effects that they come out of cover and lose the initiative.
Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Rule book

Alright so I had a question on cover saves and I. If you use a template weapon on a troop in cover, they lose their cover save.
If you use a grenade in the Assault phase with a troop in cover they lose their effective strike first rule.

Play test this, if you use a template weapon (Not blast weapon) in the shooting phase against units in cover ,they have to make regular armor saves, but they also lose the I 10 for the assault phase. The cover the troops were in after the template is in no condition to provide cover( flame to trees, acid to metal, etc.) Also troops are trying to put out or get away from such harmful effects that they come out of cover and lose the initiative.
Let me know what you find out.

This is all covered in the BRB under the types of weapon. Having a template doesn't necessarily negate a cover save it depends as the type of weapon. For example, flamers happen to be a template weapon that negate cover. It has nothing to do with a template weapon, it has to do the rules under the weapon IE flamer not the template.

There are template based weapons out there that do not negate cover saves.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the idea is based off of the template weapons that negate cover. Is that more reasonable?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts