Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dear Eldar players.

I hope i dont start a topic already done here.
I play Ultramarines but have a eldar 1000p project.
I have always loved the eldar models and have come up with a own colour scheme for my host.
The thing is that i like the ulthwe feal and rules and was thinking to play my force just like them. What is the general feal to this idea.. Is it blaspamy that leads straight to hell? or just quite ok? (to use craftworld rules for your own designed army)

so what is the Eldar communitys spoken word?

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
You should be able to do that, you just tell your opponent that your using Ulthwe rules. And make up fluff for why it's possible. What colours are you going to use?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah My gaming group has already approved.. Our Cadian player use a black and grey uniforms on his cadians so, i kinda wanted to get the idea of the eldar community though of this.

I use a dark red and dark blue colourscheme and highlight kinda high. I use black for helmets and paint white runes on the foreheads. Runes and such are white on a darker background. All weapons and mechanical details are painted "eldar gold"

That is shining gold, shaded with orange/brown inc and highlighted up to mithril silver.

When i get hold of a camera ill post some pics.. im quite happy with the outcome.

I base my army armound Defender Squads, Heavy weapon platforms, Wraithguard and Striking scorpions. Only new models. The new plastic eldar are sweet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ya i play saim hann but i think im gonna paint my guardians in a protoss manner if u have ever played starcraft, i dont think you even need to be approved, just make sure they know what craftworld you are.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah i'm doing a similiar thing. just got some eldar and want to play Ulthwe or biel-tan but black is so boring so i'll probably end up painting them yellow or red or something bright.
my friend also plays eldar so i want a different color scheme.

·
Registered
342 Posts
There is no reason why you can't use existing craftworld rules for your own. (Maybe your Farseer was one from Ulthwe that didn't like their vicinity to the Eye and left to start his own craftworld. See it's that easy.) I field my own craftworld The Farbelahann Craftworld, it uses vanilla rules at the moment but i'm in the process of writing it's codex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.