Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off: THIS IS JUST THEORETICAL!!!

making this list would run you $600 USD for the Vypers and Walkers alone.
unless you have a LOT of cash to burn, don't try this at home, please.

HQ
Farseer w/Guide, Jetbike 1 100
Sub-Total: 100

Troop
Guardian Defenders Squad w/Bright Lance Platform 10 163
-Warlock w/CCW, Shuripistol, Conceal
Guardian Defenders Squad w/Bright Lance Platform 10 163
-Warlock w/CCW, Shuripistol, Conceal
Sub-Total: 326

Fast Attack
Vyper Squadron w/Starcannons 3 195
Sub-Total: 585

Heavy Support
War Walker Squadron w/Starcannons 3 300
Sub-Total: 900
Total: 1911

completely legal for most missions. with 89 pts to spare :) maybe take out the two warlocks to add another 10 man defender squad with bright lance.

lets check out the insane firepower right here:

a grand total of 81 starcannon shots per round. 40 hits. (further calcs against SMurfs). 33 wounds. 33 dead smurfs. 33 x 15 (Assuming no upgrades) = 495 pts. it takes 3 rounds of shooting against plain SMurfs to gain your points back. not bad, eh? and you opponent prolly has juicier targets (termies regain pts at 3x speed, assaulties a 5/3 x, bikes at 2x) and then there are the ubiquitous "hiddens" hidden powerfists. hidden meltaguns.... more points earned back in one shot. like when carnival prizes in a prize machine get stuck together, and you get extra :) !

do whatever you want with this. but wear your lucky anti-scream o' cheese-garments....

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Looks good. Just hope you don't face a Ravenwing army. Starcannons aren't too great against LSTs, and turbo-boosting bikes will just laugh...

I would honestly go with less war walkers and go with guardian defender squads. I'm glad you are honest with the title.

But I've faced worse.

Huge Seer council, Avatar
6x Guardian defender squadrons, starcannons and 5 men each (plus crew)
3x Viper, starcannons
3x Viper, starcannons
3x Viper, starcannons
3x Wraithlord, each has starcannon

Plus some other stuff, which amounts to about 1850 pts, and I saw him wipe out a Necron force in 2 turns. Also, it was an ulthwe stirke force, so all Starcannons (except for vipers) are BS4.

Meh, good list, with a nice blend of dairy products, but it could be worse. If you play a guy with this list, tell him he's not playing agaisnt 3 Wraithlords. Aside from an IG army with about 300 guys and Ravenwing or a Be Swift as the Wind Force, you'll pretty much dominate 100% of the time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too bad i dont have $900 to blow on a 733t list like that... btw in 2k point game, i am not that worried about ravenwing (i have yet to even see a ravenwing model in real life, not so sure abt Gastonia Tourney. i have heard everyone talking about:

turbo-boosting this
turbo-boosting that

what is turbo-boosting???

oh ya i found this out:
if you can reasonably explain that you plan on using your artistic skill to create culturally important (preserve the culture of 40k???) you just might be able to get a government grant. which you could then use to buy this list, and practice your creativity by painting it. and building it a nice display. with moo cows. (cheese has to come from somewhere, eh??? :) )

voila insta-cheez army, paid for by your lovely taxpayers... if it werent for the fact that is is slow, immoral, and a waste of funds, i'd do it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
wooow i never thought anyone would beat me in cheese factor (i play massive seer council a falcon 6 vypers 6 dcannons and the rest is defenders) i only get around 24-30 starcannon shots but it's enough to make people cry

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
Plus some other stuff, which amounts to about 1850 pts, and I saw him wipe out a Necron force in 2 turns. Also, it was an ulthwe stirke force, so all Starcannons (except for vipers) are BS4.
Even Vypers have BS4, so in fact all Star cannons hit on 3+. ^_^

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
But I've faced worse.

Huge Seer council, Avatar
6x Guardian defender squadrons, starcannons and 5 men each (plus crew)
3x Viper, starcannons
3x Viper, starcannons
3x Viper, starcannons
3x Wraithlord, each has starcannon

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Wraithlords illegal in a USF list? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
he said avatar not spear of khaine so it's just a standard ulthwe not usf

·
Registered
63 Posts
Plague_00 said:
he said avatar not spear of khaine so it's just a standard ulthwe not usf
Look again.

Ezekiel1990 said:
Also, it was an ulthwe stirke force, so all Starcannons (except for vipers) are BS4.
Either he's wrong, or it was an illegal list. I certainly hope the guy wasn't playing that exact list as a USF army as it would be horribly unfair. Just think of 3 wraithlords and the Avatar hopping out of the gate within charge range of half the enemy army...Guh.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i always thought usf should be able to feild falcons and wraithlords etc they should just not be able to start in gate

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Plague_00 said:
i always thought usf should be able to feild falcons and wraithlords etc they should just not be able to start in gate
The thing is, the rest of the army gets around using the webway as well. And also they wanted to keep it balanced and not too much like a normal Ulthwé army.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts