Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a while I I have chosen to come back and do the Space Wolves. At the moment I am not sure what great company I am going to do yet but I am thinking about creating a Wolf Guard character/leader.

I read the codex for the SW and noticed that at birth if the men dont grasp and axe that they are cast out into the wild to fend for themselves. Well I was thinking that my certain character had this happen to him, but he was saved by a completely different tribe that where low on numbers and brought him up as one of there own. As he grows up he becomes on of the best fighters in the tribe and looks for revenge against the tribe that cast him out.

Eventually he gets revenge against his original tribe and its this battle that gets him into the sky with the space wolves.

I haven't though of the rest yet but would this be acceptable fluff wise? Any other help would be good.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
After a while I I have chosen to come back and do the Space Wolves. At the moment I am not sure what great company I am going to do yet but I am thinking about creating a Wolf Guard character/leader.

I read the codex for the SW and noticed that at birth if the men dont grasp and axe that they are cast out into the wild to fend for themselves. Well I was thinking that my certain character had this happen to him, but he was saved by a completely different tribe that where low on numbers and brought him up as one of there own. As he grows up he becomes on of the best fighters in the tribe and looks for revenge against the tribe that cast him out.

Eventually he gets revenge against his original tribe and its this battle that gets him into the sky with the space wolves.

I haven't though of the rest yet but would this be acceptable fluff wise? Any other help would be good.
Well, since the Space Marine implantation process must happen during puberty, this dude of your must have been a precocious warrior to be one of their best fighters.

That may or may not be a bad idea in terms of the story. If I were you, I would say that he was showing signs of precocious skill, had lead a daring raid, and the Space Wolves were impressed with him. They found out about his heritage (through the genetic testing to make sure that he was compatible with the implants) and then about his birth, but decided that his was a different kind of strength; the strength of command and survival, not just brute force. So the Wolves accepted him as one of their own, because though a Wolf is a ferocious and dangerous warrior in his own right, Wolves lead by a daring commander are a nigh-on unstoppable force.

I imagine that you could reasonably easily expand on that, including anecdotes about his stint as a scout/marine, particular feats, battles that he lead, animosity over his expected future as a leader from the tribe that cast him out... there's a lot of ways that you could run with this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.