Librarium Online Forums banner

creating the lord of the mask

829 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  khazad varn 
#1 ·
well hello all with the new vampires coing out i was thinking about making ushoran the lord of mask but i was just wondering fluff wise would the black coach or something be able to bring him back. also did he use a weapon of any sort or just his hands

#2 ·
I believe the black coach is capable of bringing a Vampire back from the 'dead', although I'm not entirely sure how the process works. I thought I read somewhere that the vampire's remains need to be interred in the coffin, and the black coach needs to feed on blood to regenerate the Vampire.

One thing that could prove problematic is the way Ushoran was killed; according to GW fluff (unless they've changed it) he was killed by an Orc Sorcerer (I don't remember this off the top of my head, I had to re-read the fluff)

If you could argue that his supporters managed to gather his remains, and get him into a black coach, and keep that coach safe, I think you could be alright.

Alternatively, you could just say the army is Ushoran's army from when he was the ruler of his province. I know that presents difficulties with timelines, but I'm sure people could overlook them.

Weaponwise, I don't have an answer. The fluff I just re-read mentions "Ushoran had a unique skill with diplomacy and was a fine warrior whose lack of skill at swordsmanship was more than made up for by his immense muscular strength and finely honed strategic mind."

But that doesn't actually mention anything about a weapon, does it? It does mention him tearing the head off an Orc Chieftain with his bare hands but I'm guessing you've already read that bit.

So, I think the Coach could work, at a bit of a stretch. But I don't know about the weapons.

Hope this helps somewhat.

#4 ·
strigoi do use magic there jut not as good at as other blood lines and the black coach has to be bought to places of blood shed which in turn reinvigorates the vampire. I am not sure if they had invented the black coach at the time but the current army book alludes to other ways a vampire can reserct them self’s

as for weapons not sure but i my self had an idea for a army like this i was going to have some empire militia and great swords in it as well though because mine was set before the fall of strigois

#7 ·
but would he were army do you think
If by that you mean, "Would he wear armour," I personally think he would. I know the Strigoi rules say they don't/can't wear armour, but in the beginning he and his line of vampires don't seem very much like strigoi vampires. So I think, back in his day, he would have worn armour.

But, again, that's just my opinion.

#9 ·
Slight thing i will mention in one of the books (Anchant Blood i think). Ushoran is shown to be alive but nearly insane near Atherhiem. but he is starting to rebuild Mourkien. So i think he may be opperating under the Black Prince in the New Book.

Sorry for the oppaceness of the post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.