Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea to make a Crone World Eldar army as an interesting model project, the question is... how should they be represented in game terms.

I am idealy looking for a house rule type list and a list to proxie in tournaments etc. Any help would be apreciated as codex Eldar is a big dead end.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Eldar left behind after the Fall, should be dead but various fluff sources hint that some are in actual fact still alive.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd hang on for a little bit... I think they have plans for Crone World Eldar in the future... there was evidence of it in the latest White Dwarf (#251 on page 55)...

"After toying with some ideas for the doomed Craftworld of Altansar and the Crone World Eldar (those poor unfortunates trapped in the Eye of Terror since the Fall), we decided that those already devoured by the Eye were better left for another time."

That doesn't say how long until they come around... but I thought this might be of interest.

·
Registered
178 Posts
actually the daemon hunters of the eldar are the harlequins. they can/could figt in any battle there are daemons in so in theory the nyd army that shows up to fight the khorne army could throw down the unit of harlequins.. that would be super beardy but possible.

·
1,019 Posts
So thats what they are.
I knew they were Eldar but didnt have a clue what they did.
I noticed in Army Builder (program, lets you make army lists) that i could add them to Tyranids. I was browsing through Tyranids units, all of a sudden i spot "Harlequins" and i went all like "WH0T?"...hehe that was great.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If rone world eldar have been corrupted, wouln't the best route be to combine the dark eldar and standard eldar codicies, utting out aspect warriors and the darker dark eldar, and end up with something in the middle?

Oh, and am I right in saying crone world eldar and exodites are different things?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quick Eldar fluff lesson;

Craftworld Eldar are those that left just before the fall to escape the degeneration of their society. They fled on huge trading and colony spacecraft which we now call the Craftworlds.

Exoldites are those Eldar who left long before the fall and went back to a more basic life style to avoid the vices of the Eldar.

The Rangers, also known as scouts are those who find the strict path system of the craftworlds too oppressive, and leave to explore. They usualy return after a time.

Eldar Pirates are often confused with the Dark Eldar because most fluff is from an Imperial perspective and the Imperialum is ignorant. True pirates are bands of space faring rangers with close ties to the craftworlds and the exoldites.

Dark Eldar are Eldar who went to live in the webway after the fall. They are raiders who use cruelty and pain to avoid Slannesh, as opposed to the path system of the other Eldar.

Harlequins are not renegades. They are travelling bands of performers who have their own ends. They are utterly neutral in Eldar politics but totaly opposed to Chaos. They follow the laughing God, the only Eldar god aside from Khaine to survive the fall. The Great Harlequins who lead them have visted the Black Library and thus have a greater understanding of the true nature of chaos than anyone. They recruit new Harlequins from any group of Eldar society they find potential.

Crone World Eldar are those who seem to have somehow survived the Fall and remain within the eye of terror. They live on the former Eldar homeworlds. Little is known about them, even they're existence is uncertain.

Altansar was an eldar craftworld which didnt move far enough from the Eldar homeworlds to escape the Fall and was dragged into the eye of terror. It eventually crashed on a planet and it was assumed everyone died. [Except Maugan Ra who left before the crash.] The Eldar of this craftworld seem to have survived underground, probably protected by pre fall technology and have now re-emerged. It is possible they have rebuild some of their craftworld.

The best idea for a crone world eldar army would be to try and keep it as a existing legal list. I would use a vanilla craftworld list and then use suitable looking models instead of the normal ones. So for example howling Banshees could be replaces with Deamonettes and jetbikes with flying disk riders. Wraithlords with warwalker legs look good, as would a spider legged warwalker. A mix of Eldar and Chaos models, along with decent conversions and a suitable paint scheme would work well. there are examples of crone world eldar armies of this type to be found online. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really can't be bothered with doing an existing legal list i can already put out over 8,000 points of Eldar if i really wanted to.

I have an Exodite army

I have a Harlequin army

I have a Dark Eldar army

I want a new playing exerience

·
Registered
969 Posts
New Playing Experience = Different Army type

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by TzeentchPlayer@Oct 11 2003, 16:08
New Playing Experience = Different Army type
I have lost and the Damned as my new army, An all Marine army is one thing i have wanted to avoid since my introduction to 40k its always felt like a no- brainer to play.

for example whats the point in cover when your men have 3+ saves and Toughness 4?

I was thinking Crone World Eldar to make use of my bits box

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.