Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a Crone World Eldar list and codex Eldar doesn't go too deeply into the Crone Worlds... i was hoping some of you Chaos Players could help me write an army list. The list itself is mainly for a special scenario but may evolve into a full list.

So who's willing to lend me a hand?

·
Registered
959 Posts
dont no sh*t about crone world eldar but how about making the farseers tzeentch sorceror's. make aspect warriors like scorpions khorne followers with howling banshees slaanesh worshippers. anyway thats just my idea so far.

·
Registered
664 Posts
So, making the army like chaos, kinda following that one pheonix lord, god, I cant remember his name (I used to be an eldar player back in the day)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Main thing i'm interested in is if they were protected from Slannesh to serve the other Gods of Chaos... or if Slannesh killed and re-animated them. Apparently there is an old WD referance which is more clear about their fate.

Note this is very important as part of the army is going to be Zombies

Now if Slannesh killed them all these will be the army's basic troops

However if the abandoned Eldar were saved or spared the Zombies will be much less common.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well pretty much all the aspect warriors would go to khorne and im pretty sure he'd take any chance to shed blood and stick it slaanesh's face. the seers would be protected by tzeentch and maybe the guardians could worship undivided as a whole and get passed the little pervert prince.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's what i got from the net...

Crone World Eldar - The Fallen
Some were not lucky enough to escape The Fall; those not consumed by Slaanesh, and those that had secretly worshipped Chaos before The Fall, were left in the Eye of Terror....the Chaos Eldar. Almost nothing is known of these beings, suffice to say they are probably the most wretched, evil and terrifying creatures ever created, tainted with the sorcerous energies of Chaos.

The old Eldar homeworlds still exist in the Eye of Terror although they have been transformed into hellish places where daemons rule over subjugated races of mortals. The Eldar call these the Crone Worlds - referring to Moraiheg the Crone goddess. The Crone Worlds remain the primary source of spirit stones. Acquiring new spirit stones is extremely hazardous because it necessitates an expedition to an area of warp-real space overlap such as the Eye of Terror. However, there is said to be untold Secrets buried on the Crone Worlds since the time of the Fall and this attracts thousands of Eldar in search of their legendary past. According to legend the spirit stones were made by Vaul from the Tears of Isha. This is interpreted as a metaphor for the crystallisation of psychic energies caused by the interface between the warp and the material universe. This process is associated with the Fall, and especially with the final catastrophe which ended the Eldar civilisation.

THE CRONE WORLDS
When the Eldar worlds were overwhelmed by the rift in time and space known as the Eye of Tenor they were not destroyed. They were drawn into the warp and horri bly altered, to that they became abodes of daemons and other foul Chaos entities. These worlds still exist in this timeless limbo today, half real and half part of the warp. In this environment both daemons and mortals can survive, and the physical laws of the material universe intermix with the endless possibilities of Chaos to produce hellish nightmare planets. It is impossible to imagine more vile or outlandish places, where the skies burn with fire, rivers run with blood, and mortals arc driven to torment by their daemonic masters. Every world is a hell whose form is a creation of a mighty Daemon Prince, the most favoured servants of the Chaos Cods.
To the Eldar these worlds are known as the Crone Worlds. According to tradition the Crone Worlds still preserve some of the Eldar's greatest treasures despite the changes that Chaos has wrought upon them. It is said that there are worlds where Eldar still live, the descendants of Chaos worshipping Eldar of ancient times, spared or re-created by Slaaacsh to serve his evil purpose. Sometimes adventurous Eldar Outcasts visit these worlds, searching for some lost treasure or friend. They rarely return and those that do are often so badly wounded in mind and spirit that they soon seek the solace of the Infinity Circuits

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So heres what i got so far...

HQ.
Crone Lord- Eldar were barbaric before the fall according to the Dark Eldar material so a Lord character with daemonic gifts

Crone Sourcerer- an Evil Farseer with Chaos Psychic Powers

Elite.
0-1 Dark Aspect Warriors: Aspect Warrior squad +5 pts for mark of Khorne
Suvivors: Dark Eldar Warriors*
0-1 Enhanced Chaos Space Marines
Twisted Abominations: count as Grotesques

Troops
Fallen: Eldar Guardians (suffer from Daemonic instability)*

Fast Attack
Suvivor Jetbikers: Reaver Jet Bikes

Heavy Support
Falcon Grav Tank

*may be mounted in a Raider

all units may purchace the mark of chaos undivided except the Aspect Warriors

The idea is the suvivors represent the chaos worshipers who were spared and the fallen are re-animated corpses protecting the few loyal Eldar.

·
Registered
959 Posts
you'd have to limit the daemonic gifts of the eldar lord, i mean not many eldar are gonna get daemonic stature.

for the sorceror i'd say only tzeentch powers.

instead of having guardians have DE warriors for troops

maybe some sort of twisted possessed wraith guard for elites

fast attack: reaver jet bikes, furies, Harpies-evil swooping hawks with ccw's, undivided.

heavy support: grav tank, possessed khorne wraith lord with destroyer ability and two ccw's

instead of grotesques how about possessed eldar! can be given daemonic abilities and the mark of khorne or tzeentch

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason for the Guardians is that they are rotting corpses re-animated by Slannesh to protect his worlds hence the daemonic instability rule and poor stat line.

I'm avoiding Wraith Lords and Wraith Guard as they are pretty unique to craftworld Eldar (Dark Eldar and Exodites don't have them) and the Eldar of the Crone Worlds are something quite different they are corrupted pre-fall Eldar.

Harpies.. i like that idea and the name is very apropriate :)

Possessed eldar sound like a very likable option

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Shadowcat, thanks for filling me in on them, I never knew about these guys. There's always more to learn about the grim darkness of the far future I guess...

I agree with Caracroth about the psychic powers, any psykers would seek out Tzeentch as their patron, though they could take undivided powers as well. The harpies are a great idea, swooping hawks versus Rapters... Maybe allow them to take one or two Daemon packs? For heavy support you could take a sort of Daemon possessed Talos, that would be pretty kewl. I already see a Talos with tentacles and stuff, think of the possibilities B) . Possessed Eldar would be really simple to make to add, just use the same options possessed CSM have for, say, dire avengers?

·
Registered
959 Posts
also i'd say any non tzeentch sorceror dude would be a khorne worshipper, seeing as all eldar warriors worship Khaine which is simply another version of Khorne its just a step in the right direction that they become Khorne warriors and as such no slaaneshi anything would be aloud to be near them so id leave the undead guardians out(maybe make an alternative list of slaanesh only maybe even allow 0-1 units of noise marines). im not being biased it just makes sense(to me atleast) :D

daemon possessed talos sound good.

daemonic packs= bloodletters and flamers of tzeentch

*every model must be given a mark(protection from slaanesh) either Khorne, Tzeentch or Undivided aspect warriors and the lord must be Khorne.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Problem is that Crone World Eldar arn't exactly common, I figured the Undead Guardians who had already lost their souls to slannesh would be used as meat shields by the far less expendable living Chaos Worshipers.

I even had an idea why the chaos powers would keep them alive.... they know how to use pre-fall Eldar (and old one) technology which is pretty advanced (Even the Necrons fear it).

About the living troops:

Unless they are undead or re-animated they shouldn't be cheap remember these Eldar are probably considerably older than any Chaos Space Marines.

So possibly vetran skills? Squad Psychic powers if they don't have a mark of Khorne? (all Eldar are psychic in the Eye of Terror those powers would develop)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a vague idea... please tell me what you think

you add up the number of models in the squad to a maximum of 10 and you use that value as the Leadership when using psycic powers.

as in 7 would have a Leadership of 7

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
It's a cool idea, but a problem once they start taking casualties. What do you think of this: a squad may purchase the following psychic power for +2 or 3 (not sure) pts per model: Chaos Bolt, used in the shooting phase in addition to firing the unit's normal (not heavy/special) weapons. After a successful leadership test it counts as a weapon with the following profile: 24" S5 AP4 Assault 2 + 1 for every 3 models in the squad.

That's just the basic idea, I haven't really worked it out yet but the idea is that the larger the squad is the more shots you get (as it draws power from their collective minds).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So kind of like the Aminus Speculum on the Culexus assassin?

·
1,019 Posts
I had heard of the Crone world eldar, but nothing this specific. Thanks for filling me in! I'd love to help you make a list, but my parts gonna have to wait a while (until i've studied eldar some more) and then i'll give you my input.
That all right?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.