Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know eldar are pretty easy to take out but my brother who plays eldar uses shining spears and zooms up be hind terrain and jumps out and wipes out my smaller squads like destroyers and immortals. any suggestions on how to kill them8X

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
You could try to use Scarabs to tie them up. The longer they are tarpitted the better. This will allow you to go after other targets with your Destroyers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Destroyers should be able to outmaneuver the shining spears. Maybe consider putting your lord with your immortals in order to discourage the charge, or provide a decent counter attack. Placing your Immortals in dangerous terrain would also protect them quite well from Jetbikes. A Deceiver would also be great, as it will be impossible for the shining spears to actually get a charge bonus on him, and he could tear them up pretty easily.

Hope this helped!
~Legionnaire

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Considering all the units that can Teleport, Deep Strike, or Move Like Jetbikes, the Necrons are actually faster than Eldar. I know I never have an issue outmaneuvering them.

The first part to beating the Eldar is to get them to sit still. Once they stop moving, then they can be stomped pretty easily. Off the bat, you should target the Falcons and the Wave Serpents, then you should send Scarabs at any fast unit, like those hideously expensive Shining Spears.

I also find C'Tan do quite well, unless your opponent has Pathfinders. The Eldar are susceptible to the Nightbringer's Blowback. The Deceiver's Grand Illusion can allow you to redeploy your army to where the Eldar can't get a charge in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts