Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The premise is simple. There's a large campaign/tourney in effect with a large group of my work colleagues and basically all players are allowed 750 points. We must stick with 1 army list throughout the battles and the armies include: Eldar (another that is...), Tau, Orcs, Dark Eldar, Space Marines, Chaos.

So the list I have come up with is something like this: (another Eldar player somewhere here on Warseer posted this list actually, and I rather like it)

HQ:
Farseer, spear, doom

TROOPS:
10x dire avengers , exarch, power weapon, shimmershield, defend, bladestorm

5x jet bikes , 1 shuriken cannon

ELITES:
6x scorpions with exarch (maybe scorpion’s claw)

HEAVY:
1x war walker, double scatter lasers
1x wraithlord, Missile Launcher, Brightlance+ double flamers

So, what dya think? Does it lack punch? I pretty much have 3,500 points of Eldar at hand, so I can really choose any list I wish. (I knew all those spontaneous shopping sprees would pay off!):sinister:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would use guide instead of doom to be honest. Guiding your War Walkers opening shots is very effective and the battle turns sour guide a bladestorm.

·
Registered
806 Posts
When it comes to few point armies, multiplying used to be the key. And maximum efficiency is, because you don't have enough points.

Your Farseer is maximum efficient and effective. Doom is the best Eldar power, so no comments needed.

The Avengers are not maximum efficient. Shimmershield & Power Weapon tend to be usable when they've got Fortune. Sadly, your Farseer may cast only Doom. Therefore I'd drop the Defender and give exarch dual cats. With Serpent they would be a bit better, but they are not going to withstand any crucial Assault and will beat Tau or Guardsmen nevertheless.

Scorpions. Now, Scorpions. Well... Close combat units need numbers to:
a) Reach the enemy.
b) Withstand enemy's strikes.
Either 5 or more then 6.

War Walker will be nice LAV or RVA hunter. Good choice. However, always be aware of non-classic strategies. It is always better to charge Guardsmen then pour fire into them.

When it comes to Wraithlord, I may ask only: why only one?

I'd personally go for something like three units of Avengers or two wraithlords or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts