Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Power Weapon - Kill them first!

Votes: 12 60.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one quick question: does crushing blow for my scorp exarch come into effect before his powerfist's doubling, or after...

now for the main debate: Power Weapon or Powerfist? What are each's strengths, and why does there seem to be no love for power weapons (my personal favorite?)

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
farseer_seele said:
one quick question: does crushing blow for my scorp exarch come into effect before his powerfist's doubling, or after...

now for the main debate: Power Weapon or Powerfist? What are each's strengths, and why does there seem to be no love for power weapons (my personal favorite?)
This is in the wrong section of the forum...however:

1) Generally speaking, if something affects your Strength, apply that affect after the Power Fist's doubling. For example: when using the skill Furious Charge, the +1S will come into effect after the doubling of a Power Fist, so a Space Marine will then end with S9.

2) The Power Weapon is good for reasonably high-I models. However, in a standard squad, most will prefer the Power Fist because of the double strength; this means that it can wound things easier, can damage vehicles/dreadnoughts/monsters, etc. a lot better. A Power Weapon-wielding model will have a lot of trouble against, say, a Dreadnought charging into the squad, making the squad all but defenseless. The Power Fist gives them a defense.

On IC's, a Power Weapon is a much better idea, because of the higher Initiative and the fact that an IC can't be hidden in a squad; in CC, they can always be picked out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
92 Posts
what do you mean i love power weapons

i am a nid, beastman, eldar, and space marine player i have a small army of space marines and eldar i almost always take howling banshes if playing eldar but that might be because everyone i know either plays space marine necron or choas space marine;) but the power weapons have just been a savior in games of all sizes

·
Registered
10 Posts
*cough*run on sentence*cough* Have you ever heard of period?

On topic,
Power fists are much better on models that can be hidden(I.E. veteran sergeant, initiate, etc.). This allows the model to survive to the end of combat to use his high strength attack. Power weapons aren't without their merits. Very useful on high initiative characters.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Insta-kill is always fun, but I am a Power Weapon fan myself. In large units, the powerfists can do miracles.

Does anyone here know anything about the voting pop-up that is continuously showing up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts