Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !!!
I hope you can answer me this cuestion... is it possible to use a lord or AC for that matter with a CSM bike and terminator armour at the same time? or do I have to use the combination CSM bike + daemonic armour to have the 2+ invunrable save when I turbo boost for let's say daemon bomb?

I hope you can answer this because I have read some threads that state that I can use termi armour and bike at the same time, and if this is true, what is the better choise? I mean, +2/+5 +1 attack +1 toughness or +2/+2inv turboboost +1 toughness?
what do you think?

Just in case, i play Worldeater Army....

Thanks

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
You can't have terminator armour and a steed of any kind, mechanical or monstrous

·
Registered
827 Posts
I thought it was kinda an obvious answer.... But the 'dex's dont really explain things too much.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
chaos_lord_destructor said:
Hi !!!
I hope you can answer me this cuestion... is it possible to use a lord or AC for that matter with a CSM bike and terminator armour at the same time? or do I have to use the combination CSM bike + daemonic armour to have the 2+ invunrable save when I turbo boost for let's say daemon bomb?
When you look at the Chaos Armoury, you will notice asterisks (*) next to various items. Those are the items that Terminators may use, and only those. You'll also notice that Chaos Marine Bikes do not have one of these asterisks next to it, so Terminators may not buy a Chaos Marine Bike from the armoury.

The Daemon Armour + Bike is still legal however.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't play choas and I thought it was obvious that this was Illegal

·
907 Posts
not having my codex to hand, you may wish to check out the demonic speed chaos gift, like i said im sepparated from my codex right now but i think this guy can have it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Daemon armor works like power armor as far as i can tell. That's why it costs more than termie armor; because it has the same armor save, but no penalties.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, it's expensive, but for your hq, unless it's a minor disrutpion unit like a decoy unit, most people woult think the cost worth it, to have a 2+/2+ when turboing, and unless they pull out the lascannons and the S8+ stuff, you are going to be nigh impossible to kill.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
The way I look at it is like this..

Against shooting, there should be no reason to even think about getting Daemonic Armour. Chances are, your opponent will shoot you with a Lascannon, meaning the armour bonus is gone anyways. However, a smart player will make it impossible for his HQ to get shot, due to the IC rule.

In close combat, you're going to be up against two different types of enemies. The first one is the "weak" enemy. This is the enemy that your HQ will wade through, as if they weren't there, and will be hard pressed to get even a single attack back at your HQ (Firewarriors, Guardsmen, etc.. basic troops). The next is the "strong" enemy, typically the Elites/HQ of the opponent's army. Most likely, they're going to ignore your armour save anyways, so why waste points on them? Have a decent invulnerable save, and hope you can kill them before they can attack back.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
211 Posts
Lost Nemesis said:
Against shooting, there should be no reason to even think about getting Daemonic Armour. Chances are, your opponent will shoot you with a Lascannon, meaning the armour bonus is gone anyways. However, a smart player will make it impossible for his HQ to get shot, due to the IC rule.
However, when he is Turboboosting his save is a -/2++, so it is wise investment on a bike HQ. Just remeber you don't have an armour save, so DH psycannons will destroy you.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Novelizer said:
However, when he is Turboboosting his save is a -/2++, so it is wise investment on a bike HQ. Just remeber you don't have an armour save, so DH psycannons will destroy you.
But is that really worth it? Even a 2+ invulnerable will fail sometimes. Why expose your HQ to that sort of danger?

Really, in a Chaos army, there is almost no reason to have a biker HQ. What do you get, that you can't get (even better) elsewhere? Nothing, as far as I see it.

If I were to take a biker HQ, I'd run him with some other Bikers; which, in the end, will protect him from shooting, so the 2+ Invulnerable still isn't worth it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks

thanks guys...
the general idea was that I read somewhere about taking terminator and bike, it didn't soud legal but it's better to ask, the reason for it is the invunerable 2+save, for the daemon bomb, but there's on thing thats right about the lord being acompanied by other bikes that protecting him, the real problem is that in the club I play they are supercheesy and use everything big, therefor I want a close to sure way to deliver my d-bomb......
really apreciate the answers...

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
ChaosMarine3724 said:
I would just like to know how you get the 2+invul save? The way I read the 'dex deamon armor only gives you a norm 2+save.
Check the turbo-boost rules for bikes ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts