Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hej, i'm new to the whole writing fluff thingie and the hobby over all, but I still wanna give it a try.

It's just a "quick n dirty" version, I just wanna have a bit background, and a good explanation for my own color scheme.

The legion is called "Phoenix Cabal", which reflecting two things:
- A phoenix in mystics rise normally from their own ashes and goes down in flames, since the regular Thousand Sons are basically dust or just ghosts.
Plus it fits the whole "all is dust" thing, and the will to wanna rise from that.
- The so called "Cabal" is said to be the most powerfull Chaos cult and it's in the long run under Tzeentchs control.

Hope you like the name.
The symbol to the whole thing is done (An Ankh and a Phoenix rising), but I haven't painted in a way that is nice enough to show it here.

After the Rubric of Ahriman was cast and the horrific warpstorm was stopped by Magnus, who, by now has become a powerfull Demonprince of Tzeentch, Ahriman and his followers were banished from the wounderous planet of sorceress.

But shortly before departing into his exile, Ahriman ordered his most loyal sorcerers to him, which by then, had become nearly as powerfull as his their master but also where hiding a dark secret.
Ahriman knew, it would be easier to split up those still loyal to him and his cause, if he wanted to gather more powerfull knowledge faster and have it obtained quickly.

The founding hour of a new legion, which pledged their allegiance only to Ahriman himself, has come.

Under theirs new masters, the twins Ignis & Pyre (that name isnt fix yet),
(who both were and still are struggeling to hide their secret, as they himself slowely turn into demon princes), their first move, was to assault a small number of ships, with followers of Abaddon.
The ruthless attack didnt last long, and the ones who didnt died, surrendered and joined the ranks of the legion.

Currently they are rumored to be on their way to the Halo system, aiding Ahrimans search for the black library, sharing his craving for knowledge.

It is said, that since the legion were strict followers of Ahriman, and supporters or even helpers of the rubric of Ahriman, they refuse to allow demons in their ranks, but they were well aware of the positive effect of some mutations, and it didn't took the more poverfull sorcerers too long to learn a spell just as devatating as the “gift” of the oblitorator virus.
(I gonna build special conversions of the Termi Sorcs to represent Oblis.)

Their rage and anger against any form of mutations are only topped by their hate towards the emperor, who in their eyes betrayed them so long ago, which is ironic, since both their leaders are slowely turning.

They look at their service to the chaos as a neccesary evil, and Tzeentch lets them in their believe, cause he knows their future, as he does with Ahriman.

Well that's the first draft...
let me have it :)

·
2,076 Posts
If they hate mutation, why are the top sorcerers very mutated?
That doesn't make much sense to me.
You could just say that the sorcerers have access to a wide range of powers that represent the many different weapon profiles.

As for a separate Legion, that is impossible. New Legions are not created. But a separate warband or chapter is perfectly acceptable.
So Ahriman gathers some of his most loyal sorcerers and gives them orders, once they are free of the Eye of Terror and the scrutiny of other Legionnaires they repaint their own and their automatons armour to the new colours.
Taking a new name, they strike off on their own to fulfil their mission. Probably should be a good reason for them to repaint themselves, maybe to keep their plans secret from the rest of the legion?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@omegoku: The two tops sorcs are mutated, but they hide that from the others, in my picture thread, there is one of them, I use those since I dont wanna use the DP model, but wanna have their stats to be a bit competitive.

Problem is since they serve Ahriman, who is strongly against those mutations (but still uses them for his own good), it would be weird to have two demon princes running the show.
But if they are sorcerers that slowly mutate, but still in a way so noone notices it till now, it would be more probable.
And since they are looking for the Black Library they assume there's a spell to counter the mutations, so no need to tell anyone if they find it soon.

Sorry not different legion, i meant to write warband, the cabal represents that for now.

I really like the repaint reason, with the hiding their plans from the rest.

Thanks a lot!

·
2,076 Posts
Looking at Ignis, he does not look too mutated at all, why not just say he is a psyker with really powerful power to represent the boost his stats?
Just make sure he is big and imposing so people will know he is a Daemon Prince.

If you do not want to use Obliterator models for Oblits, for whatever reason, the converted sorcerers can still be mutation free, just make them terminators and represent their powers somehow.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
People get very hung up about the term Legion in WH40K, as long as you realise that a Legion in the traditional sense was several thousand marines with their own Geneseed and Primarch it isn't a problem.

Also in regard to the organisation of your Cabal, the great thing about Tzeentch is that you can't really go wrong. Tzeentch loves mutation, change and manipulation. The irony of a Chaos Marine warband which hates mutants and is led by two mutants would not be lost on the Master of Fate.

The more irrational, illogical and downright strange and self contradictory you can make a Tzeentch warband the better.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@omegoku:
I think i´ll have to get a bit more into details regarding the mutations to clarify and justify the two demonprinces... Thanks for the feedback.

(Derailig into modeling issues)
Regarding the fact that you cant yet see any mutations,
with the conversion I wanted to reflect exactly the moment when the Character starts,
levitating, his arms spread, leaning a little backwards...
Lightning in the air and the ground under his feed opening, and about to receive the "gift".

As for the Oblits: this is what i have in mind: CSM Termi Sorc based with Mummy like sorc-staff with different barrels on top
(Source: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/184601-obliterator-tzeentch-2.html#post1606304 )

@Visitor Q:
Yeah that´s true, should have been more careful with the choice of words :)!

hahaha, I really like that understanding of Tzeentch which explains basically everything.
Even though I wanna have it following a certain order, I enjoy that irrationality ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.