Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
The war for an alien world near the Eye of Terror culminated in a battle between my 1000pt Chaos force and my buddy's 1000pt Space Marine force.

My list:
Daemon Prince
Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime

Chosen (5)
Plasma Guns (5), Icon of Chaos Glory

Plague Marines (7)
Rhino, Icon, Plasmas (2)

Lesser Daemons (8)

Defiler
Closecombat Arms (2)

Terminators (4)
Combi-Plasma (3), Heavy Flamer, Chainfist

We rolled off, getting Annihilation and a 4 corners set up. I lost the roll and set up first, then him and then my Chosen infiltrators.

I set up my Defiler in the middle, as close to the center as possible, with the Rhino fulll of Plague Marines on the left of him about an inch away, and the Daemon Prince to the right about an inch away. He set up his Predator across the way about a mile, obscured by a small hill, and a Rhino behind cover on the Daemon Princes side of the board. I then set my Chosen right next to the edge of the board 18inches away from the side of his Predator, thinking I might be able to open up on turn one and totally wreck it.

Of course unless he seizes the initative... which he does.

He, having only two models on the board at the time, decided to take the successful roll and go first. At the start of the turn, he selects a drop pod that is due in that turn, which is one of two. He choses a spot next to my Chosen, hits the roll and unloads a tactical squad. They level their bolters and totally rip apart my Chosen during the shooting phase, wiping them. He also drives his Rhino towards my Daemon Prince and pops smoke... perhaps there is some absurd super unit in there... who knows. His Predator drives up six inches and fires one of his side sponson Lascannons at my Defiler, missing it.
On my first turn, I rub my chin in chagrin at the loss of my beloved Chosen and decide to get revenge! I jump my Daemon Prince closer to his Rhino, but I'm still about 19" away after. I drive my Rhino up the south end of the board towards the newly arrived drop pod and tactical Marines. I march my Defiler towards the Predator and unload with a Battle Cannon shot... which scatters off of the Predator, causing no damage... so much for revenge.
On his second turn, I roll for Warptime and pass and he rolls for a deepstriking pod, which fails. He leaves his Predator still, drives his Rhino 6 inches closer to my Prince and fires a Hunter Killer and a plasma gun shot at him... which miss! His Tactical Squad moves in position to open up on whatever comes out of my Rhino. His Predator opens up on the Defiler, immobilizing it.
During the start of my second turn I'm a bit worried that if my Daemons come in, they will just be shot up by the Tac squad because they will be too far away. I roll for Warptime and pass then roll for my deep striking units... the Daemons wait a turn! Woo! And my Terminators come in! I deep strike them 6 inches from the front of my Rhino, well within range to unleash some plasma heck. During movement, I move the Rhino 6 inches up and unload the Plague Marines. My Defiler stands till and my Daemon Prince leaps at the Rhino. During shooting, the Terminator Squad and the Plague Marines rapid fire hot death into the Tactical squad, killing 7 of the 10. My Defiler lobs a cannon shot on top of the Predator, giving me a crew shaken on the glance chart. Lastly, the Prince charges and rips the Rhino apart, exposing the Command Squad of the Space Marines.
During his 3rd turn, he drops a pod of Space Marines behind my Defiler, and manages to get a weapon destroyed off of glancing bolter fire. His remaining 3 Marines from the first squad run towards his Predator behind cover and his Command Squad fires bolt pistols at my Prince, causes a wound and charges!
During close combat, all six of his men are in base to base contact, including his independent character Captian. Both the Prince and the Captain have I5, and both swing for the fences. His Captain has a Relic Blade, allowing him to hit and wound on 4's, then making me make a invulnerable save instead of my armor save. Unfortunately for him, his causes no wounds from his 4 attacks. The Prince on the other hand uses his daemonic magic to cause 4 wounds, directed at the Captain himself. His Iron Halo did not do the job today as he was crushed under the might of the beast. The rest of the Marines failed to cause a wound. The Marines fell back after losing combat and saved against the extra wounds after the Prince caught them.
Things were looking grim of the Emperor's men after my Daemons came in the next turn, out of charge range of anybody though. My Terminators charged a drop pod and their razor sharp chainfist ripped it apart. The Marines got back in their Rhino and drove back towards the new drop pod. The immoblized cannonless Defiler sat and cried while the Prince killed all but one of the Marines.
During his turn, he moved his Predator and opened up on my Terminators, which failed to inflict any casualties. His Marines continued to run and his others positioned to take on the Plague Marines. His last Marine died to the Prince, who followed up towards the Predator.
During my turn, I flew the Prince into charge range of the Predator, drove the Rhino over towards his marines and shot a guy from a porthole with a plasma gun, killing him. Deamons and Terminators were kind of far from everything now, and started to run back towards the first drop pod. The Prince charged and decimated the tank which caused the Space Marine commander to concede.
My Daemon Prince and his minions were successful in spreading yet another one of the Grandfather's Plagues across a new world! Cheers to that!:beer:

·
Registered
362 Posts
not a bad game, but.... you only have one troop, daemons do not count towards FOC slots though are otherwise treated as troops.

also when the marines fell back they do not save vs attacks, that happens when a "no retreat rule" for fearless or unbreakable units. if they failed their morale check, they would roll to avoid a sweeping advance and if sucessful move 2d6" towards their board edge, and you would consolidate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah Ha!

It's amazing that neither me nor my opponent did not know the rule about the Daemons. I guess we both read "counts as a troops choice" as it counted... and both missed the not on the organizational chart thing. Ah well, it helps that we're best friends. :)
Also, we contantly check and recheck rules and codexes because of our infrequency of play. Apparently the special rules of "and they shall know no fear" and the like really throws a wrench into our assault resolution. Either way, we had fun! Thanks for the insight!:dance:

·
Registered
362 Posts
important thing is that you had fun. i recently started playing with 5E rules myself after a hiatus from 2E rules, so i do understand

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
You have a good thing going with your nurgle marines. For your other troop choices, get more plague marines. I can honestly say that they're annoying as hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts