Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used the combination of a cheap =I= Lord with Divine Prounouncement and a Culexus assassin?

I'm going to try for a cheap =I= Lord (under 140 pts) with a disposable retinue who I can just jam into some nearby Celestians when his chumps die. Then with the Culexus infiltrating well away from my lines and hopefully out of sight, it's a Ld 4 break test a turn for my opponent ;?

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Interesting idea, and potentially very nasty, but as soon as your opponent realizes what's going on, the Culexus is going to get absolutely mutilated by everything that can take a shot at him.

Odds are that he'll get wiped out really early whether you use the trick or not - no sane 40K player voluntarily allows an Assassin to operate that close to his lines! And the Lord isn't much further away - he'll be a prime target, too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Very true.

Maybe I could just bring him out at the end to break squads that are already below half-strength (damn, that's mean). I just need to make sure that the only friendly units near him are Grey Knights, vehicles, and the =I= Lord, ie things that don't care about a soulless freak hanging out with them.

Everything the enemy is firing at the Culexus is something they aren't firing at my Exorcist, Leman Russ and guardsmen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.