Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After countless RTTS of coming in second. The Wyches pulled this one out. Of three games we fought I got victorious slaughters in every match and all but one battle point modifier. While we were signing in one of the guys told me that for the last week everyone had been saying that I had the army to beat. Guess they were right.

What worked for me this RTT;
Horrorfexs. Second game kept a 15 man squad pinned for 3 turns. Granted useless the other 2 games but hey.
Warp Beast Packs. In game 3 kept an assault bike squad with meltas tied up for 4 rounds. Made 6+ saving throws every time.
Raider Squad WWP carrier. Gave me some mobile tank killing power until the WWPs were opened.

What didn't work;
Scaling nets on WWP Raider. Thought I could use them to get closer. Never started the squad in the Raider for fear of it getting shot down so they were wasted points.

Game 1 Black Templars Mission "The Hunted"
This game you nominated one enemy unit and got double VPs for killing it. I chose his LRC and he chose my HQ. Started on the board with my 2 WWP squads and the Ravager. Turn one he moved everything but 2 tac squads forward and fired at a warrior squad. I popped the WWPs and returned fire stunning the LRC. Not a good round for me. He moved forward again and killed the Ravager and a few more warriors. All but one unit made the reverve roll and was able to get into HtH immediately upon entering the field. Those I didn't tie up in assualt were shot with disintegrator and DL fire. Ended up killing his LRC and my Hqs survived.

Game 2 Space Wolves Mission "Suicide Squad"
In this mission you nominated one of your squads and would recieve extra VPs if they kill an enemy unit in HtH. I chose a squad with 12" assault, he chose a 15 man tac squad. This game was almost decided on the first turn. He moved everything forward in the hopes of breaking one WWP squad forcing me to deploy out of only one. The squad held killing his LRC with a Pen 6 entangling the 15 man squad in it. I kept them pinned for 3 more turns with horrorfex fire. This allowed me to use the rest of my army to mop up the smaller sized squads until I was ready to his them en masse. The next turn I used my suicide squad, another Wych Squad and a WB pack to assault his suicide squad. Got a total massacre in my phase of the assualt. His squad wasn't even able to get a swing in.

Game 3 Black Templars "Traitor"
They seemed to be the army of the day as there were several of them here. This mission you gave your opponent one Elite mini and he gave you one of his. I provided an 8 point warrior and got a Terminator in return. This game was for the RTT championship. He was another one that thought he could move forward and kill me with his BT vows. Problem for him was that his squads were so close together that I was able to shoot and kill one squad and assault the next one with 2-3 units. He ended the game with only his Chaplain on the board.

Reactions: ShadowcatX

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Cool stuff! Should open the eyes of anything thinking that DE should be phased out.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
awesome man, congrats!

spread the fear, spread the fear :ninja:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
All hail master Olleib, my leige!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since someone PMd me for it, I'll post the list in the, well, armylist section.

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Darn nice!

You mentioned earlier about composition scores, how did you do?

Excellent work on the mon-keigh, congrats!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20 out of 20 for comp. The guy running the RTT used the Astronomi-con comp sheet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts